What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/28/22 2:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey gang, hope you all had a fantastic holiday weekend. Thanksgiving already seems like it was a year ago to me. I am still eating some leftovers, but Friday was back to normal in terms of class schedules. Not sure why but all of my assignments this week are sooooo boring to me. It has been a terrible struggle to get through my papers and I still have one hanging over my head. Must get to it today.

I saw Jim asked for a sleep QOTD this weekend, so let's do it. QOTD: What are your typical sleep patterns? Mine have changed a lot since I stopped working. Previously I got about 4 hours a night, up to 6 occasionally and that seems to be my normal rhythm. I decided that I would fight it this year with nowhere to be. I started taking Unisom before I go to sleep and now I am getting 7-8 hours. I do feel a little groggy in the morning, and I will lie in bed for awhile but since I'm not in a rush, I don't mind.

B: Eggs

L: TJ's Harvest Chili

D: Almond Flour Chicken & Green Beans

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/28/22 2:51 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

Made it home! Will be interesting to see what the scale says today.

QOTD- As long as I can remember, I wake up all night long. Last night seemed more than normal. I total between 4 and 6 hours of off and on and am perpetually tired. I've tried a few meds that help with falling back asleep quickly but then am groggy all morning. That's a problem since I'm a morning person. I take it a day at a time.

Back to the office today, and catch up. Tons to do! Got everything unpacked last night but still a lot of organizing to do. And laundry.

Today's menu

Fairlife chocolate protein shake

Tons of water

Grilled chicken breast at work with a veggie side

Parmesan tilapia and seaweed

Maybe a protein bar

Tired morning but I'm up! Happy Monday, folks.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 11/28/22 2:51 am - Warren, OH

I have always been a night owl. "When I was 12, I remember lying in bed with my very new and modern transistor radio and picking up stations from places like Chicago around two in the morning.

As a young wife and mother, I would wake up around 2:00 AM and get up and clean the house for hours. When I was a computer programmer, I worked the night shift from 7:30 PM until 8:00 AM three days a week. On nights I was not working I watched movies on the VCR.

After I retired, I would stay up until 4:00 AM, usually on the computer. Then sleep until noon. When I am working, I go to bed about midnight, sleep until 4:00, then go back to bed about 6:00 and sleep until 8:00 AM. I end up napping after dinner for about an hour.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/28/22 5:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

did you ever listen to CKLW from Ontario? It was HUGE when I was a kid - and their signals were so strong they covered most of the Midwest (I lived in northeastern Ohio then). They went under several years ago - surprising since they had a HUGE audience at one time...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 11/28/22 5:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

actually I just checked. It survives, but it's just a local talk radio station now - serves Windsor (of course - that's where they're based), the Detroit area, and northwestern Ohio. So much smaller than they were at one time...)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 11/28/22 7:03 am - Warren, OH

I do remember picking that up. We had a radio in the living room that was the size of an old TV and that picked up a lot of stations. It also picked up the police radio. The TV only got 3 Cleveland stations and they were not very clear. I enjoyed the old radio shows where they told stories. was one on Sunday night where they told stories about the early settlers in NE Ohio and western Pennsylvania. Very interesting and well done history.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 11/28/22 7:14 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

The 1st Ever Radio Station started in 1920 and it was KDKA out of Pittsburgh and it is still in existence today. They also have a T.V. Station that is My news of choice. I am sure you heard of it being only a couple hours away.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 11/28/22 3:19 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy last Monday in November! It's going to be very busy around here from today through end of year.

QOTD - I sleep about 4-5 hours, my preference is that those hours come after 10pm but outside of that, I have always been this way. I used to sleep 4 hours but wake up a lot during those 4 hours but about 6 years ago I added a weighted blanket and now my sleep is solid. I rarely have trouble falling asleep and I wake up without an alarm, most days. I think people just need different amounts of sleep. Also, I sleep about the same if I take anything to try to make me sleep longer. The only thing that makes me sleep longer is if I am sick.

My plan for today is rowing, getting some gifts for my work team ordered, the landscaper is supposed to come by to talk about my switch of my front yard to xeriscape, and I'd like to finish my indoor holiday decorations. If the landscaper will not start on the yard until Jan, I'll do the outside too. Oh yeah, I have work in there somewhere too!

menu

coffee plus half and half X2

breakfast sausage and egg

ever roast deli chicken with cheese

salami and cheddar

Have a magnificent Monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 11/28/22 3:29 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning JB and everyone.

Today's the day. My appointment is at 9am central so if you could cross your fingers for me I'd really appreciate it! I'm really nervous and honestly scared that they won't do it. The joys of an overactive mind! Every scenario runs through my head in a few moments.

I also have an appointment with my psychologist this afternoon. AND e have the kids after school today. Busy day indeed.

QOTD: Mines all over the place. I usually am passed out by 8. My nighttime meds do that for about 2 hours. Then around 10 I wake up for a bit. After that I'm lucky to get an hour worths block of sleep. By 5 I'm up for good. If I stay still to long I hurt more.

B: JUST egg cup and coffee

L: PP shake & small oatmeal bar

D: ????

S: ????

Emiepie
on 11/28/22 6:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope all goes well!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 304 views