What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/5/22 2:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! I have to make this unbelievably quick. I have soooo much to accomplish today that it's giving me a stomach ache to think about.

But in happier news - our neighbors got a new puppy and we decided he looks just like Max from the Grinch so we put some antlers on him :) He seems skeptical.

QOTD: How many streaming services do you have? I have Netflix, HBO Max, and Disney +. I have had them all for years --long before I met Grim. But he won't give up cable, so I have no idea why I am holding on to them. I watch things from my tablet on the treadmill or bike sometimes but it really isn't necessary for me to keep all 3. I think it's time to give up at least 2 out of 3!

B: sousvide egg bites

L: veggie burger

D: chicken patty

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 12/5/22 3:06 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy new week! I hope everyone is ready for a good one...and for December to go by crazy crazy fast; it always does!

My weekend was phenomenal, I'm planning on keeping that good feeling into at least the noon hour today.

QOTD - I cut the cable cord about 3 years ago and I have 8 but still saving more than 100+ a month than with cable. (HBO, Disney, Hulu, Netflix, Apple Acorn, Britbox and AMC+). I had several of the channels before I dropped cable too so it was just stupid expenditures to keep cable.

Today is just work, starting some home projects I want to get done this week and a good rowing session this morning, not too exciting but should be productive!

menu today is a bit up in the air due to poor planning on my part

coffee plus half and half x2

breakfast sausage

prima donna gouda plus tricuits

TBD on dinner, will depending if the chicken I took out last night is defrosted enough to go in the crockpot this morning. If yes, then some kind of chicken; if no, then something from the freezer.

Have a magnificent monday everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 12/5/22 3:44 am - Amarillo, TX

Oh my goodness what a cute picture!

Good mornin everyone. What a strange weekend. Yesterday I was sick half the day with some stomach thing but thankfully it seems to be gone. My arms have goose eggs where I got the shots and are hot to the touch. As a side sleeper it has made things interesting...lol

Not a 100% sure what today'll hold. We don't have the kids. I'm hoping for not much but my mom does need to go a few places like the bank so we'll see.

QOTD: we have prime, Disney + and something called sling. My mom uses sling to watch CNN and she watches Disney + the most. I don'****ch a lot. I want to get PBS's on demand after the first of the year...I love most of the stuff they play.

B: JUST egg bowl + coffee

L: ????

D: ????

S: popcorn and ????

Greateight
on 12/5/22 4:39 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I forgot to tell you guys last week, but one of Marilyn's tennis friends bid on a champagne shopping brunch at Tiffany's and they all went on Sunday. Well it turns out that Marilyn won the door prize raffle:

It sounds like they had a fun time with mimosa's and silver dollar sized everything bagels, cinnamon rolls and avocado toasts being passed around all morning. I am trying to score a picture of those items.

Well, after three Mimosa's they decided that they wanted to shop the rest of the mall. Straight into Gucci... who was having their own Mimosa event. There must have been some pretty loopy tennis ladies by the time that they made it to lunch.

Marilyn didn't get anything, she never buys things for herself.

It was about 21 degrees for the run on Saturday. As expected, the 15 minutes of standing around before the race was the coldest part of the day. For about the first half mile for so, my face was very cold and the inside of my mouth, also. After that it was mostly my hands. I wore very light gloves because I didn't want to have to carry them if I took them off. In the bar afterwards, I took off my antlers and headband, and my hair was a little sweaty, but that was the only part of me.

My time was 38:18, which was a 12:13 pace, I believe. I jogged the whole way at a consistent rate. I never felt like I needed to walk, but I also never felt the energy to speed up. In 2019, when I was running regularly, I was trying to (but didn't) break 30 minutes. So, three years of not running more than a mile did slow me down. All in all, though, I was pretty happy. I made it for a Bloody Mary, but no bagel - there was a very limited menu.

Baylor ended up going to the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth. A big step down from the Sugar Bowl last year. Nevertheless, I am going to head down, take in the game with my daughter and her boyfriend and fly back with her to Chicago for the holidays.

I should run, kind of a busy day at work.

QOTD: I am going to guess five. Paramount Plus for Seal Team, Netflix for Money Heist, and Apple (?) for jack Reacher. Two more for good luck.

Breakfast: Egg sandwich

Lunch: Roast Beef

Dinner: Shrimp

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 12/5/22 6:09 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats on your run and congrats to Marilyn on her lovely door prize win. In the past when I've done races in the cold (in relative terms!) I bought a cheap zip up sweatshirt, gloves and a beanie and as I got hot I took them off and tossed them off to the median or side of the road. Volunteers come after to collect them, clean them then donate them to those who can use them.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 12/5/22 6:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that's a good idea. You may even be able to pick up a couple of cheap sweatshirts at Goodwill for that -

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 12/5/22 7:25 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You did great. That so cool Marlyn won the door prize. I would live to brag I owned those. Sweet.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 12/5/22 5:21 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Morning everyone!

Same as you. Typing as I walk into the office for my first meeting in 10. Cut puppy!

QOTD - I have zero. I use my ex's login for Netflix while it's still possible.

So many meetings today, pretty much from now till I leave.

Menu

Crustless quiche slice

Stuffed cabbage rolls

Stuffed pepper half

Ratio blueberry yogurt

Sorry to post and run. Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Amy Liz
on 12/5/22 5:53 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I hear you on the stress stomach ache. I hope you get all the things done today! My weekend was really nice and full of indulgences. Friday was Rob's Christmas party. It was at the home/private cellars of a owner/winemaker in Sonoma. It was lovely. I only got a few awful pics - it doesn't seem to matter how nice the camera, I take horrible pics. There was a photographer there so hopefully there were some good pics taken. They will send them out soon and I will share then. Saturday we had brunch with the firm - so no Gott's ;(. We hit the road after that. Ended up getting burgers for dinner from a local gourmet place - not Gott's but they were yummy. Yesterday was lazy and lovely - I watched the Empress, Lady Chatterley's Lover and a tiny bit of football. Today I am spending the work day getting organized and running month end reports. I have a zoom with my school counselor this morning and an afternoon budget meeting.

I made the mistake of researching esophageal stricture. What I thought was normal, isn't. It's just normal for me and what I'm used to. I definitely have swallowing issues. It feels like I have something in my throat - trouble with throat clearing and cough is all I thought it was though. Seeing x-rays and photos of a normal esophagus then mine and reading the causes and symptoms of stricture were eye opening. And now I'm sorry because I am fully aware of this constant lump feeling in my throat, like bread that won't go down. No wonder I could never stick to the no liquids with food rule. Going to try and move my ENDO appt up and get this taken care of asap.

QOTD - I was just talking about this yesterday. I'd love to cut the cord but Rob wants to keep it for all the sports. We have Netflix, HBO max, Prime, Showtime, AMC+, Hulu, Disney+(kiddo's). Before Rob, I had Netflix and HBO then used the public library for everything else - books, music, DVD - too much instant streaming gratification now. I miss my library days.

Yesterday -b - coffee, 1/2 bagel, l -7 layer dip w/chips, d -grilled chicken and salad, s -4 gingersnaps and 2 glasses of wine

Today - back to normal

B- coffee, eggs with salsa

L - chicken, salad mix, light dressing

D - chicken and pan grilled green beans

s- tomatoes

E tonight - yoga stretch sesh + dog walk to see the neighborhood lights.

No wine until Friday

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 12/5/22 6:11 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes! I hope you're able to move that appt up.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views