What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 2/25/23 2:06 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Hope we all have a fantastic weekend.

Not a lot planned for the day. My mom may have other plans but we shall see. I may straighten my bedroom a bit if we have nowhere to go.

I'll likely do chainmaille too. In the past week I've woven over 100 inches of chain. It's helping me distract myself from the pain and itchiness. I have also had some other symptoms pop up...or should I say acknowledged them. It's so embarrassing. BUT I will keep going just the same as I always have.

Gratitudes:

Finally being ok with people not liking me...even if unwarranted.

Memories with my grandpa giving me comfort.

My lovey dove cat Percy.

QOTD: what is your favorite sport to play AND which one do you like to watch?

I must admit I'm not into sports like a used to be with football. I have certain teams I like to see loose though. Anything Tom Brady I liked when they lost. Also I'm not a fan in the least of the Cowboys. I also hate to watch basketball but I do enjoy playing it!

B: JUST egg frittata, rice cake, coffee x2

L: probably a bowl of soup from the freezer

D: likely fish and popcorn shrimp...or just one of them

S: cheese, chai tea and maybe pistachios

GracielaSusana
on 2/25/23 3:19 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Not into playing or watching ... except for Florida State football games. I used to get a kick out of watching my grandma watch Atlanta Braves baseballl, she knew all the stats and would call my husband to debate the merits of her fave players. My husband said she really knew her stuff!

It's a work day but it is also an un-official bring your dog to work in our little back office, no one sees us, so we will be hanging out with our little buddies .... These are little 10 pound dogs that don't bark, so not a distraction to our phone work.

Nothing else planned for today other than laundry. We have uniforms for work and I haven't done them, so need to tonight. It's not a hard and fast rule that I wear one, I can do office attire if I want.

It has been OVER 90 degrees for this past week. At least it is not humid. We are still 3 months till start of rainy season, which is summer and fall. I can't believe how many tourists we have in spite of most of the beaches still being closed from Ian. The amount of debris in the water is high. A friend HIT a car with his boat while cruising 15 MILES from shore in the Gulf of Mexico. It was floating just under the water and did serious damage to his boat.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/25/23 8:06 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I would be a fan of bring your dog to work day! Bet you all have a great time. Sadly, tons of people have allergies or fears and I do work in a big office. The question has come up before. I'd give up the possibility if people would not smoke or bathe in their chosen scent of the day, though.

Being able to hit a car floating in the middle of the ocean is a terrifying thought. Not something you'd ever think to be worried about or look for, I assume. Geez! Also, 90 is so hot. I never could do the sticky of Florida. You must have great tolerance!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Grim_Traveller
on 2/25/23 8:44 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I would have liked your grandma.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/23 4:03 am
RNY on 01/24/23

Hello!

Been a bit anxious today, such a weird time post surgery for me but I'll get over it. My brain decides to remind me of complications for some reason. Thanks brain, if they happen they will be dealt with haha but no, brain wants to think about them in advance. Sigh.

QOTD: Aussie Rules Football. (We just call it footy) but it's my favourite sport and I'm a big fan, spend a lot of money going to my favourite team's game in Sydney and across the country haha Tennis probably my favourite sport to play as I'm better at it and you only need one friend to get a game in haha

Food today is meal replacement shake, savoury ground turkey mix, and some yogurt.

Have the best weekend everyone.

catwoman7
on 2/25/23 6:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

most people have no or only minor complications. I had to go in twice for strictures - one at four weeks out, the second at around 8-10 weeks out. Those are super easy fixes. The PA at my bariatric clinic said that strictures are the most common complication for bypass patients, and that around 5% of us get them. I would hardly call something that 5% of people get "common", but that does give you an idea! The PA also said once you're three months out, you're pretty much home free. Most complications, if you get them, appear within the first three months after surgery. So hang on....you'll be out of the woods soon! (and again, major complications are pretty rare, so I wouldn't worry about them too much!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/23 1:32 pm
RNY on 01/24/23

Thank you for your lovely reply :)

My surgeon basically said the same thing and suggested I keep away from the internet as complication stories would always be easy to find for any surgery.

My brain will calm down, it just likes stressing me (well I hope it calms down haha).

People like you keep inspiring and helping though, it's much appreciated.

catwoman7
on 2/25/23 9:32 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

oh yes - I read those horror stories, too - I even thought about cancelling my surgery because of them. I finally had to make myself quit reading them. It's good to at least be aware of potential problems, but you also have to remember that people are more likely to post when they're having issues than they are when everything is going great. Reason being is people experiencing problems are looking for answers, advice, and/or support. For those of us who haven't had complications, well - we rarely broadcast that fact. Other than maybe to reassure new people who are worried about the surgery. So - try not to worry about it. The vast majority of us don't experience those kinds of problems.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

lmfontana4
on 2/27/23 10:52 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I am one of those people who always think that the complications will happen to other people and not me. My DH says that I bury my head in the sand, but I prefer to think of it as positive thinking.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/25/23 8:09 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Rumination is an annoying talent, isn't it? It's amazing the things your brain will keep you up at night for.

In good news, at a month out, you've passed the major risk of clots. That's something to celebrate!

Hopefully everything else is going well. I was juuust taking off my surgical glue a month out!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views