Finally (Photo) Friday!! What's your plan?

Partlypollyanna
on 5/5/23 4:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Actually, it wasn't Algebra, it was Geometry but so close!

Good morning and welcome to Friday! Yay!

Concert last night was great, huge thunderstorm rolled through about 5, lots of power outages and a bit of flooding, by 7 bright blue sky with clouds. I love Colorado weather.

Today, the landscaper comes back to do the second half of my xeriscaping, it was too late in the season when I had the lawn redesigned so we had to wait until it warmed up. I'm super excited to get everything in even though it won't really be pretty until next year. I knew I would be out late last night so I don't have a crazy busy day at work and it's a workout rest day so everything should be great.

QOTD - what's the biggest mistake you've made cooking? I once used cornmeal instead of cornstarch when I was making orange chicken sauce from scratch. It was both strangely runny and gritty.

No big plans for the weekend, tomorrow I am going to watch the coronation. I looked at the timings for the live feed and it's way too late to stay up, but perfect if I get up early. I also want to trim down/take out the three plants in the back yard the didn't survive winter and make sure all the deadheads are off the roses.

My pictures for this week are just some of the signs of spring!

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 5/5/23 4:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I ended up spending a lot more time at my mother's yesterday than planned - she's starting to get confused about financial stuff, so I straightened some things up, set up more automatic bill payments, and set up online access to some of her accounts so I can monitor them. MIL is still in the rehab place and will probably be there a couple more weeks. I'm glad things are winding down with organizations and classes - these last couple of months have been challenging with these moms!

the warm temps are holding today (and are probably here for the duration now), but rain off & on this weekend. So no biking for me! I'll go to Aqua Zumba this morning, then to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for my coronation quiche. I plan to get up to watch the coronation ceremony tomorrow (5:00 am our time), but maybe not the procession from Buckingham Palace (at least that's what I'm guessing they're doing and where they'll be coming from - I do know there's something at 4:00 am..). We also need to set up MIL's recording thingie to record the coronation. I haven't screwed around with it since I showed her how to use it (three years ago) - but I remember it was pretty straightforward.

QOTD: boy I can't remember - although I used to cook a lot, so there have been several!

B: oatmeal with L&F creme brulee, coffee with half & half

MS/L: protein shake

AS: raw veggies and dip, yogurt

D: crab cakes popped into my mind this morning - so maybe those? (I have some in my freezer)

have a great day, everyone!

our oldest kitty turned 18 years old this week! This is him back in his prime (before we got him - he was a show kitty)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 5/5/23 5:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yes, the are doing a shortened procession from Buckingham Palace to Westminster and the same after; I read that the return procession for QEII was something like 5 miles and 2 hours. Apparently, the 200 year old Coach the King and Queen will ride in to go back is really horrible, no suspension, so they are doing the return trip in 30 minutes and only 1 little more than a mile, lol.

Jen

lmfontana4
on 5/5/23 7:28 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Isn't the coach something like solid gold?

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 5/5/23 7:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It's wood with gold plating or gilded wood is what they call it. It's super heavy, apparently.

Jen

Mkess
on 5/5/23 5:42 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I can def relate to the last months being challenging with parents. It's amazing you're there for them. I know it's what family does but there are plenty of families that aren't there for one another.

Your cat is gorgeous. I didn't even know there was such things as show kitties. Is there a national organization and show like the American Kennel Club?

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

catwoman7
on 5/5/23 11:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yes - the two big cat organizations are the Cat Fanciers Association (CFA) and The International Cat Association (TICA). Three are of ours are registered in both - and one is just registered in TICA (can't remember why he couldn't be registered in CFA - might have had something to do with one of his parents). Three of our cats are former show cats. The fourth has a mild case of cerebellar hypoplasia, so he can't be shown (his breeder is a friend of mine - she gave him to me because she wouldn't have been able to sell him. We love him! He's not the one in the photo, though - that one is one of our show guys)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Grim_Traveller
on 5/5/23 6:16 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Have you seen the two cat show documentaries? They are fabulous.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dcgirl
on 5/5/23 4:51 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Happy Friday! Geometry was my hell too, Jen. Well, all math.

QOTD: the first time I ever made my DH's moms homemade biscuits, I used TABLESPOONS of salt instead of a teaspoon. We were early on so he didn't tell me they were inedible until I took a tiny bite and it was like licking the Dead Sea!

Your frisia sounds lovely, hope mine is too. I'm picking up the kiddos this afternoon. This weekend or next week I'll finally go see the Margaret movie. So excited!

B: perhaps cream of wheat, I've been craving it

L: deli Turkey and cheese

D: leftover rotisserie chicken with Mac and cheese and mashed potatoes for the fam

I think I was a little more adjusted to Contrave yesterday so hopefully everyday I feel a little less ick!

Have a fab weekend! No coronation for me, but we have a collage papering date, I have a lunch with a good friend and her parents, and I have painting. All fun stuff!!!

Grim_Traveller
on 5/5/23 4:54 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'd have eaten those biscuits.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.