What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/3/23 2:16 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Happy Friday! I have a busy-ish day. I have to make two cookie order deliveries. One of them is local and the other is over an hour away. I usually don't do deliveries, but this is for an old friend, so I'm making a day of it :) No fun weekend plans as far as I know. I'm teaching a very small class on Sunday but that's about it.

We binged all 4 episodes of the Netflix show All the Light you Cannot See last night. It was one of my favorite books and the limited series was incredible. Highly recommend!

Here are my photo Friday pics. First, even though I decided at the last minute not to go to the interview, I did have a cute outfit picked out!

Second--here is the evidence of my tractor driving. I am naming her "J.B.'s Lawn Dominator." I think I should use the Cricut to make a decal for her. I forgot to take a before picture but every inch was covered with leaves and now it's all green :) Yay! My face only looks like this because I was cold and very allergic to the outdoors.

QOTD: What's your favorite quick mood booster? A quick cuddle from Fezzie or Innie is always a nice way to make me smile. Ditto for spending time with Grim :)

Accountability: I threw out most of the chocolate but I was not strong enough to throw it all out. But I believe we took care of the last of it last night and now the temptation is gone.

• Protien Coffee
  • Starbucks Egg White Bites
  • Chicken
  • Veggie Burger
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 11/3/23 2:43 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all. QJB, super cute outfit! Way to go on the lawnmower!

Not much planned today. I was able to get into my PCP today at 1 so that is almost the only thing set in stone. We're also going to Sam's to get an air fryer that's on sale this weekend.

I am not feeling great. Hopefully the doctor will start me on something to help with the BSs. My body is doing a protest. I have like 5 or 6 pain pills left and I might just take one today. I threw out all the candy I had personally and my mom hid the other stuff. I got some of the lower carb yogurts...arugula and spring mix salad stuff. My mom thinks I should go on a vegetarian like diet for a few weeks but I think I need the protein of meats and fish more. I do eat a lot of veggies though I don't get enough protein.

QOTD: my Percy's purr. Videos of little hairless kittens. Music...always music.

B: probably the last piece of my bread and an avocado. Coffee x 2

L: salad with chicken breast and a vinaigrette

D: I am thinking cod but that might change. Broccoli in the air fryer.

my pics are of a necklace I finished yesterday...not the best photo as I was having bad tremors in my right hand. Others of course are some of my babies. Frankie is the big one, skippy and her archenemy in the BG and Opal.

Mel

Queen JB
on 11/3/23 3:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That necklace is stunning!!!

Random question but is Etsy your main selling platform? I've been reading a lot of articles about sellers boycotting because of some obnoxious things the platform is doing, like holding fund earned indefinitely. Is it as bad as I've heard? I only have a few digital items up so I haven't really paid much attention but I'm curious.

Melody P.
on 11/3/23 4:11 am, edited 11/2/23 9:15 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

I actually have closed my Etsy shop just this past week. I got tired of fees and policies. I also had a few bad experiences with customers and thought f it. I now have two places that is going to carry my tutorials for free downloads. I talked about it with a lot of people. I know of a lot of em who left recently as well. My main reason was the bad experiences but the fees got a little ridiculous. It?s a shame?I had almost a 1,000 sales. At this point and time I?m not going to make tutorials to sell anytime soon.

Mel

Queen JB
on 11/3/23 5:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yeah you are not the only one--Etsy is really losing a lot of sellers lately I guess.

If you are interested in a really easy to use website platform for selling physical items (not downloads or tutorials) I can recommend mine. The site was specifically designed for bakers but lately a lot of people leaving Etsy have discovered it because it's a great platform with low monthly fees and the customer service is amazing. I have a coupon link for a free month if you ever are interested :)

Teenie
on 11/3/23 7:22 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Send me a link DH has been looking for something. Not sure what he will sale, but he is very creative and definitely could use something like this.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 11/3/23 7:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You bet - copy this link and it will give him credit to let him sign up for the free month under my referral. https://castiron.cello.so/LsNfRBQYfLJ

As I mentioned, it was designed for bakers so that's how they talk about themselves, but as long as you are selling a physical product and not a digital product, it's a good platform for anyone!

Theduffman27
on 11/3/23 5:45 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Hi Melody, are you able to tolerate a protein concentrated diet?

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Melody P.
on 11/3/23 9:39 am - Amarillo, TX

I think I can. It's been a long time since I've done it but I think it's what I need.

Mel

Theduffman27
on 11/3/23 10:13 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I can only speak for myself, I am never fulfilled without a protein laden diet. Probably worth a try!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Most Active
Recent Topics