What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/13/23 2:38 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^No, no! Not YOU! My other friends!^^

Good Morning and Happy Monday, Friends!

I had a nice weekend. Saturday went to a Veteran's Day breakfast that my mom organized, and Grim's brother was the keynote speaker. It was very nice. And yesterday I taught a super fun class :)

I think I will probably have an interview today! I was contacted by a recruiter on Friday about a contract position to cover a maternity leave. The job is sooooo close to my house--not quite walkable, but about 1.5 miles I think? It sounds so ideal. They want an immediate start to be able to overlap with the person going out, so she said to expect an interview request today. Eeeee! Pease send your good juju.

QOTD: What's your favorite online distraction? I love a good TikTok watch sesh. My FYP is basically perfect and I can easily spend an hour scrolling without noticing how quickly time has passed. My other favorite pointless online hobby is to browse real estate apps like Zillow. Sometimes I just like to look for $10m+ houses, just to see what's out there. Sometimes I like to look for affordable vacation homes by the ocean in Maine. And sometimes I like to look at local homes and see the interiors of our neighbor's houses, lol. I can spend hours in fantasy land :)

Accountability: The word accountability lost all meaning on me for the last few days. I was just lazy and I ate what was fast and available instead of sticking to a plan. Back on track today, I swear.

• Protein Coffee
  • Scrambled Egg Wrap
  • Veggie Burger
  • Chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 11/13/23 3:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! Good luck today QJB! Hope you get it.

I have a phone appointment anywhere from 8am to 5pm today. ANNOYING!!! But it is what it is. We also have to pick the kids up from school today. We haven't seen em in a couple of weeks so I do kind of miss them.

My blood sugar numbers are getting a lot better. I do think I have a pretty "good" sinus infection going on. Either that or a bad tooth. I've been having moments of extreme pain on my right jaw into my temple. It felt like the onset of a spinal headache but thankfully goes away after a minute or so. If it happens more I guess I need to go to the doctor. Ugh. I even had one from my jaw down into my very upper right chest. I didn't like it.

QOTD: I surf FB a lot in certain groups. I like the chainmaille groups and such. I also read A LOT of news. On FB I also follow a lot of archeological groups, geology and Texas scenery groups.

B: fajita leftovers and coffee x 2

L: I'm craving a salad but we'll see

D: I may stick to a PP shake as it needs to be quick-ish

S: hard boiled eggs, cheese and maybe a cracker or two with the cheese.

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 11/13/23 3:43 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. It's cold here. We're down in the low 20s. I feel mislead about global warming.

We watched a little bit of the Patriots game in Germany yesterday. It was a hoo****ching Germans singing along to Sweet Caroline.

QOTD: Igenerally just bounce around online. I'll check out Instagram for a bit, but I'm not on Tik Tok. Most of my time is probably reading whatever articles catch my eye in one of the newspapers.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 11/13/23 3:45 am - Warren, OH

Fingers crossed for the interview. Sounds great.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 11/13/23 3:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Monday! Good luck with the interview today! 1.5 miles is definitely a could walk to job but maybe not in winter!

qotd - what is FYP? The only tic tocs I ever see are the ones friends or my sister send me, but without an account they are a pain to watch, I probably only fight through for every 3rd one or so. I spend a lot less time online since I quit twitter in October 22. Probably Instagram is where I spend the most time or one geography games like Globle or Globle Capitals.

I did my rowing workout this morning, 5k in 19:55 and I got to 25 of my 50 miles for the months. Hoping one of the hotel gyms has a rower or I'm going to have a lot of miles to do in the last week of November!

menu today

coffee plus half and half x2

skyr

protein bar

Filet and asparagus

have a wonderful week!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 11/13/23 4:18 am
RNY on 07/20/15

TikTok has two feeds that you can scroll through - one is the accounts of people who you follow, and the other is your "FYP" or For You Page, that somehow has the most perfectly curated algorithm of things you might like to see. I have no idea how they know, but mine is mostly filled with cookies, snarky babies, adorable farm animals, far left commentary, and sassy cats. TikTok just gets me.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Amy Liz
on 11/13/23 4:44 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I hope the job is a perfect fit for you! I had a nice productive day yesterday and got all the things done I've been putting off for weeks. I'm almost done Christmas shopping already even - who am I? I'm really looking forward to getting the tree up, but first - Thanksgiving. I'm still loving the fall things everywhere, especially my cute candles and I'm looking forward to all the food. TJ's has a seasonal broccoli and cauliflower gratin in stock that is amazing. I bought 4 yesterday. If i had a bigger freezer, it would have been 10! Today is Monday - lots of work to do and organize, and lunch plans with kiddo but I will probably stay home. Rob is not feeling well and has me worried. He has avoided going to the doctor for fear of another hospital stay but he needs to go today.

QOTD - Shopping and I love looking up books and reading reviews on Libby and Audible too. I have come around to TicTok and follow a couple people. I could go down the rabbit hole but rarely do because once I hit an annoying video, I'm out. Sometimes I find something that interests me then I get bombarded and again, I'm out.

Accountability - perfect. Day 3 at 199!

B- coffee x3, cottage cheese

l - Lunch w/kiddo TBD

d- veggie scramble

s- tomatoes, cucumbers

Have a great day

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Grim_Traveller
on 11/13/23 6:02 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Congratulations on Onederland. That's a good day.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Greateight
on 11/13/23 6:17 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 11/13/23 7:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope Rob gets in and they get him feeling better!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics