What's on your Tuesday Menu?

wendygail
on 11/14/23 5:21 am - Live Oak, FL
I've got a lot going on but, then again, I don't. I've got a crew that will be here this morning to finish up build my back porch. Bab****'s will be delivering a new dresser sometime this afternoon. Gotta start unpacking what I can from boxes (we moved into a new trailer, a couple months ago, but just haven't had the time to unpack everything). Make the final decisions on the get together this weekend for my parents 60th anniversary as well as the cooking and decorating for it. The only thing food wise I have planned for today is my coffee, a Premiere Protein drink or two. I set out come pork chops. Have no clue on what I'm gonna do with them.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
Queen JB
on 11/14/23 5:43 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Do pork chops sit well with you after surgery? I would like to find a recipe that keeps them moist enough, but how I have made them in the past irritates my pouch and I get stuck.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

wendygail
on 11/15/23 5:05 am - Live Oak, FL
For the most part, they do. I usually get thin cut or center cut chops, if on sale. Season them, then place on top of onions, peppers, mushrooms, celery and new potatoes and bake. Kinda like making hobo pockets.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
Greateight
on 11/14/23 5:22 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

It's that time again. CSM course selection is today. I know it feels like we just did this, it feels that way to me also. And I've been living it.

We did a run through yesterday and have a schedule that works: major, concentration, minor and the lab from summer that wasn't offered. Now he has to actually get into those classes. Fingers crossed.

Other than that, I have to go into the city for a meeting. I'm going to park at the office so that I can get a badge swipe in. But I want to go to CrossFit this morning, so I'm not doing an office day.

QOTD: I can't really think of anything. I kind of feel like a number of areas of my life are in a holding pattern while I see what happens with early retirement.

Breakfast: English muffin

Lunch: Roast Beef

Dinner: Lamb

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 11/14/23 5:49 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope he gets all the courses he needs.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 11/14/23 6:15 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Me too! I'm ready for graduation.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 11/14/23 5:44 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I still can't wrap my head around having to make that many cookies. I have a few meetings today and then we will start prepping for our next payroll already, sometimes there just isn't enough days in between!

QOTD: Being more clear with communication. I know it'll always be something I need improvement in but I'm working on it.

Menu

TSS: 9 years 3 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: yogurt

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 11/14/23 6:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

another beautiful day in a string of beautiful days. I'll be out walking or biking today for sure, in addition to going to class at 11:00 (may even bike over there as it'll be light when the class is over - as opposed to my 4:00-5:15 class - I hate it being dark when I leave that one!). I'm mostly caught up with classes, thankfully. Now I can really focus on the book I have to read for my book discussion group meeting next Monday.

there's a Road Scholar (formerly Elderhostel) trip to the Palm Springs International Film Festival in January. I keep thinking about this. The only issue is, flying in and out of the Upper Midwest in January is always a risk. What if we get some blizzard and all the planes are grounded? Ugh. Or what if the plane is OK, but DH can't get me to the airport because of icy roads? One option that might help (but not if planes are grounded) is to fly in and out of Chicago. If the weather is looking bad, I can always take the bus down there a day or two early and stay at the Hilton which is literally attached to the airport. Hmmm. Part of me thinks this whole thing is a stupid idea. but honestly, it sounds like a lot of fun. Plus it'd be something to look forward to - and a week out of the Midwest cold would be great. Hmmm. Hmmm.

QOTD: funny you should ask, because I just read about "habit swapping" in Dawn Jackson Blatner's e-newsletter yesterday (she' a well-known dietitian based in Chicago). Instead of trying to stop a bad habit cold - which rarely works - you just replace it with a better habit, and give it 66 days (which according to research, is how long it takes to really establish a new habit). It's supposedly much more likely to work. So I decided that when I'm wanting to eat something in the afternoon (when I'm not hungry - and I unfortunately cave to this a lot!), I'm going to drink at least 16 oz of SF flavored water, and if that doesn't work, I'll eat something safe-ish like a sugar free popsicle, sugar free Jello, some baby carrots, or a piece of fruit. I know this is a real "DUH!" thing, of course we should be doing this - but, I usually don't. So - we'll see. I'm also working on flossing my teeth every day. I've only been doing it 2-3x a week, but I really should be doing it every day. So what I'm trying to do now is keep the floss on my nightstand and floss my teeth when I'm on email or Facebook (or whatever) in the morning (I know this is another silly goal, but it's a goal, and it should be an easy one to accomplish)

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with cranberry compote

maybe a protein shake

hummus sandwich on 35 calorie bread with tomato and cucumber slices

Ratio yogurt

Danish bread with butter and jam

I'm making a dish from one of the Christopher Kimball/Milk Street cookbooks for dinner. It's a one-skillet dish with chicken (although I'm using half the chicken called for plus a can of chickpeas), spinach, fire-roasted tomatoes, bell peppers, smoked almonds, and a bunch of spices. (I have to calculate the calories to see how much of it I can eat.)

ex: walking or biking

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Grim_Traveller
on 11/14/23 7:13 am
RNY on 08/21/12

If it sounds like a lot of fun, do it!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

lmfontana4
on 11/14/23 7:28 am
RNY on 03/24/21

QJB- wow 1000 cookies! That should keep you busy for awhile. I am also a chronic cabinet door leave open person. My mom used to ask me if I was born in a barn.

today is a follow up appointment with surgeon, wound vac dressing change and some strength exercises. Not much else is planned.

QOTD: got nothing. Need to think.

trying to get in calories and protein is my accountability.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 245 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 368 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 203 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 136 views
Recent Topics