What's on your Monday Menu?

Greateight
on 2/5/24 10:49 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I haven't seen the movie, but enjoyed the book. I remember thinking that the diet and fitness advice from that era has come back into vogue.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 2/5/24 6:53 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Stay the path and the scale will catch up eventually.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 2/5/24 8:39 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

We have not drowned yet! Non stop rain since Saturday afternoon and more to come till Tuesday. At some points the wind was so strong that I was worried the deck furniture would fly away. For the winter usually we put a cover on them with clasps in order not to blow away. But the wind was creating a sailing effect with the covers and the furniture was rearranging itself.

On Sat we were able to squeeze in a 7 miles hike right before the rains started. There was a guy in his mid sixties that passed us when we were on downhill, so he was running up hill, with no effort; no huffing and puffing and very strong strides. What made me notice him is that he passed us again on the flat side with no indication of slowing down. It was almost like he was doing the circuit route we were doing twice. I was very impressed with his speed. I found out that where we were hiking is a popular place for people who train for those 50/100 miles trail runs. To say I was impressed is an understatement . I was happy when my 7 miles were over, can't think of running back up again at the speed he was going and with all that mud.

QOD: I don't feel the "real" hunger unless I'm fasting for 24 hours. I call that hunger when your stomach is growling and you actually feel the pain. Other than that most of the time my eating is either because it's time to eat according to the clock, or because I'm bored. And I agree with Grim, the more you eat the more you wanna eat. For me sugar def has that effect, hence the egg fast last week to do a ctrl+alt+delete for my system.

I lost 4 lbs on the egg fast which makes me very happy. I almost wanna do another one but experience has shown me that egg fast back to back doesn't work. I just gotta keep this weight for a couple of weeks to create a new baseline and re-evaluate at the end of two weeks.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee w/egg bites
  • Shredded pork
  • Pecorino cheese, hb egg
  • Caldosa (crab ceviche with quest chips)
  • E: rest day

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 2/5/24 9:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have two friends that are ultra marathoners and they are nuts. My brother did one last year but said he was one and done just to say he had done it. I don't have that gene, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 2/5/24 2:23 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I am impressed with anyone who could do one week of the egg fast. I just don't like eggs that much to do a whole week. Good job on the 4 lbs.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 2/5/24 6:55 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I can't even begin to imagine running those many miles and trail running is so much harder for me anyways.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 2/5/24 9:10 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! We were able to sneak in our outdoor HIIT class before the rain**** They worked out a plan to move us into the garage if needed, but we used the indoor and the outdoor spaces and the trainer was brutal. Every muscle is yelling at me right now. But now I'm happily tucked in at home with coffee and so glad I went. That was the only thing on the agenda for today!

Ok -- PP (Jen's) hot chicken? 100% going into the rotation! It was delicious. I added cauli rice and edamame and it kept me stuffed for hours. I also had it for lunch yesterday and that's happening again today.

QoTD: IYKmeYK. I eat at 9 am, noon and 6 pm. About half the time I have to add a snack about 3 pm. I'm rarely hungry at 9, but need to get my body fueled. But at noon and 6, feed me or get out of my way. I don't have a lot of head hunger. I had no hunger at all the first year. When I am hungry at odd times, if I'm thinking about Doritos, it's head hunger and I find something to do with my hands. If it's protein, I feed my body a good protein and don't regret the added calories to my day.

Bites today

B: egg and chorizo

L: Jen's hot chicken. Is it lunch time yet?

D: I'm doing the last of the smoked brisket in a mole sauce with 25 cal zero carb tortilla and pinto beans. lettuce/tomato/Oaxaca cheese

Peace everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 2/5/24 9:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I can eat the leftovers for days! I do usually try to downsize things since I am a solo, but not that one.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 2/5/24 11:18 am
RNY on 03/24/21

QJB- wow the cookie business seems like a lot of laborious and maybe boring at times tasks. 200 bags of frosting and all the little details to perfect the icing! I don't think it would be for me but I am glad you enjoy the processes.

today the flooring people came in to pull up the bathroom flooring. As we feared, there has been a leak from either the toilet or shower. Mold has occurred. So now we have to dry the subfloor before we can proceed. Plus hope that the moisture didn't affect the plywood underneath. TBD. Weekend was pretty quiet. Not much going on. My back is feeling better. I had my last chiropractor appointment. Hoping the "cure" sticks. I finally have my GI appt on Wednesday.

QOTD/. Before the RNY was reversed in November I was rarely hungry. Eating by time and necessity. I would notice I could get irritated if I hadn't eaten in a while. Now I also eat by the clock to get calories in due to malabsorption of nutrients.

E: Pilates with weights and bands.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Theduffman27
on 2/5/24 1:11 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Hi JB and Menu friends! I hope all is well. Truck day and Spring Training can only mena we are getting closer to warmer weather. Sorry you missed Truck day though!

My previous 7 days have been a whirlwind. Last week my oldest son tested positive for covid. By Friday evening, Joddie, Ryley and I had all tested positive for covid. Very Quiet weekend.

I worked a full day on Friday, I had the cold chills in the afternoon, losing weight and Mounjaro have me pretty cold blooded these days so i did not think much of it.

QOTD - I think what I realized is that I dont eat according to hunger. It is all impulse. I am fairly consistent with what I eat and what time I eat. It was always the grazing that steered me in the wrong direction. That devil on one shoulder saying , but just have one...and the angel on the other saying you know you cant eat just one.

Joddie made Italian wedding soup for dinner and she makes a great version!

Stay Healthy my Friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 275 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 245 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 368 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 201 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 136 views
Recent Topics