What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 3/7/24 2:49 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Happy Jr. Friday. I am working from home today and I have absolutely no meetings on my schedule so far, so I guess I will just be doing a lot of reading today!

Yesterday at the after work event, I ran into an old coworker of mine from 20 years ago! We had the best time catching up and texting selfies to all of our old friends that we are still connected to :)

QOTD: How do you organize your clothes? Mainly in the closet? Bureau? Do you hang most things or fold? I have reorganized my closet here at least 7 times since I moved in and I can't seem to find a system I like. I was hanging everything but there was a lot of wasted space, so I bought an IKEA system so that I have some drawers but the drawers are small and kind of annoying. And I now I can't reach much of what is hanging on the other side of it. I'm thinking about redoing it for the umpteenth time but I still don't know what I want it to be.

Gott a be honest and admit that I really have no idea what I am eating today. I know I need to make a plan but I am a little overwhelmed by the leftovers and about-to-expire food in the fridge.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 3/7/24 3:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Thursday! I have a customer meeting today plus a bunch of internal meetings but I do not have after work plans so can just head back to the hotel at 6. Winning!

qotd - I don't understand this question. I hang tops/sweaters/tshirts fold pants and everything folded goes into the drawer with the other like things. Socks with socks, tshirts with tshirts, etc. organizing is not my jam the way it is for you and Sheila,

my Fitbit gave me a score of 1 out of 100 for my exercise goals today so will probably just do a mat Pilates class in the hotel room this evening or some stretching, nothing intense!

menu today

black tea in the hotel room (I forgot to get new coffee pods at the desk) plus a coffee with cream from starbucks

egg bites

chomps or protein bar

something I can grab on the way back to the hotel, maybe chipotle?

have a terrific almost Friday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 3/7/24 3:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' all!

I woke up around 4:00 (not unusual) and couldn't get back to sleep, so here I am. Hopefully I won't sleep through my class this afternoon! I need to go to the grocery store today and pick up a DVD to watch for my film discussion group tomorrow, but that's about it. I also really need to come up with a game plan to dig out this house. We have tons of plastic bins in the living room and basement filled with stuff from MIL's apt that we didn't know what to do with, but didn't want to pitch. I really need to go through some of the closets, etc, around here and get rid of stuff I don't need, so I can stuff them with more stuff (or better yet, take it to thrift stores!). It just seems like an overwhelming task right now. I'm still not completely recovered from moving everything out of her apt (although I'm getting there..)

QOTD: underwear, socks, workout clothes, swimsuits are in my dresser. Other things are mostly hanging up in my closets, although the things I wear a lot tend to end up piled on a rocker in my bedroom. I go through it once in awhile and hang it back up. I really should do that today, in fact (cleaning seems to be on my mind at the moment - I need to take advantage of this!!)

B: plain skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: bagged salad, asparagus soup

AS: Ratio yogurt or protein bar

D: 1/2 a veggie burger, more salad or some kind of vegetable

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 3/7/24 3:54 am - Warren, OH

Drawers and closets do need to be redone about once a year at my house. The secret to drawers is drawer dividers and a designated space for each item. Do one drawer at time. Count how many of each item and then go online and find the organizers for that drawer. I have bra holders with a space for each bra, sock holders with space for each pair, underwear holder with space for each pair. I arrange by type and by color. All white together, then all beige, then black.

It takes time and trial and error but once you get it established it is easy to know just where things go and put them back in same place. Another thing I swear by is the flipfold. It costs about $40 but will last you for 20 years or more. The generic versions did not work well and break. Flip fold makes every item look like it was folded at the store. It is really easy once you get the hang of it.

When we had a beauty shop there were 100 or more towels to fold weekly and the flip fold got them looking so neat and was quick.

On amazon look for Simple houseware Closet underwear Drawer organizer and flipfold.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 3/7/24 4:04 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I used to fold JBs clothes, but then she'd just gather them in her arms and shove them somewhere. It's anarchy. I could train an orangutan to fold a towel neater than she can. It seems inconceivable to me.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Queen JB
on 3/7/24 4:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You're not wrong, but you didn't need to tell the internet. We can have some "JB is a total mess" secrets.

But I would also like to meet this orangutan and watch the training session.

Grim_Traveller
on 3/7/24 5:58 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Not a total mess! Quirky. Endearing.

6'3" tall, male.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 3/7/24 4:29 am - Warren, OH
On March 7, 2024 at 12:04 PM Pacific Time, Grim_Traveller wrote:

I used to fold JBs clothes, but then she'd just gather them in her arms and shove them somewhere. It's anarchy. I could train an orangutan to fold a towel neater than she can. It seems inconceivable to me.

There is a lady on Facebook whose instructions for how to fold a fitted sheet: Just roll it in a ball and throw it in the closet. Nobody cares how you fold your sheets.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 3/7/24 5:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

she is my people!

Grim_Traveller
on 3/7/24 5:59 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I care! Once entropy becomes apparent, the end is near!

6'3" tall, male.