What's in store for your Sunday?

Melody P.
on 3/10/24 1:38 am - Amarillo, TX

I know I know...groan but it still made me smile!

Good mornin y'all!

I've gotten about 3 hours of sleep so far. My pain is really bad in my back & legs and it's given me a case of the F-its. Last night I was in a real pissy mood. It's better this morning. More annoyed that anything.

We might have the kids tonight or tomorrow night. I miss them as we haven't been watching them as much. Maybe once every two weeks at most. They can be annoying, like everything else but I do love 'em. Rachel is going to have to have 4 teeth pulled Tuesday to prepare for braces in the near future. Poor girl was blessed with her fathers genes for teeth(of which I have too).

We'll probably go to Sam's this morning as I need eggs. We might get some kind of treat for the kids if we do have them. It'll happen this week, it's just a matter of when.

QOTD: is there any new releases coming soon that you're looking forward to? Can be books, music, movies or anything!

Growing up Linkin Park was just about the most influential band for me together with Slipknot. They are releasing a new compilation with a few unreleased songs. I am finally able to start listening to them again after the lead singers death years ago. Their lyrics and attitudes really made me feel seen and known. That's just about the only thing I can think of. I wish National Geographic would release more on history on Disney + though...LOL

M1: PP Shake

M2: eggs, 1.5 tbs of ranch, 3 tbs shredded cheese, 4 crackers and coffee

M3: leftover chili made with beef stew meat, 3 tbs cheese and half a small avocado

M4: zero carb mini tortilla and sharp cheddar

M5: slice of pizza and cucumber

Partlypollyanna
on 3/10/24 6:33 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Sunday!

Had a great lunch with my bestie yesterday and got a lot of errands done so it was a good saturday. Today I have an early mani-pedi appt and then the Oscar party, in between I plan a weights workout. They are demolishing an old bridge over the main route I take to my friend's house so I had to scope out a couple of alternative routes. I did settle on a dish for the party - I'm making a charcuterie board hot dip, it's several types of cheese, prosciutto, fig jam and pistachios, should be yummy.

QOTD - lots of good books coming out soon that I'm looking forward to. The finale of Rebecca Roanhorse's Between Earth and Sky series is probably the top. There's not a lot of fantasy set in a pre-columbian Americas and it's so well done. Also looking forward to Oracle by Thomas Olde Heuvalt, The Familiar by Leah Bardugo, and The Book That Broke the World, by Mark Lawrence.

I am predicting Oppenheimer for Best Picture, Sterling K Brown for best supporting actor, America Ferrara for Best supporting actress, Cillian Murphy best actor, Lily Gladstone best actress and Christopher Nolan for best director. I also really liked the Spiderman cartoon and hope it wins best animated feature.

menu today

coffee with half and half X3

yogurt

apps at the Oscar party

Have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 3/11/24 2:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks for the tip about the book. I will have to tell my mom about it as she loves things like that. Hope the party was awesome!

Amy Liz
on 3/10/24 6:42 am, edited 3/9/24 10:42 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Menu planned for the day - nice start today, Mel! Yesterday I was chore lazy... No deep cleaned kitchen or laundry done, but today looks promising. The kiddo is coming over for dinner and laundry...so I better get mine done early. We are taking the dogs to the park again. I have a couple things I want to pick up, home for chores and putzing around the house. I didn'****ch Regime yesterday, but we did put on an episode of Someone Please Feed Phil when we got home from dinner last night. We'd never seen it before, so we started with S1E1 Mexico City - his comments, reactions and body language are priceless! Very entertaining. Thanks Lisa and Jen!! 7 seasons - I have no doubt we will watch them all.

Accidentally hit submit...

QOTD - I bunch of things I'm sure - but all I'm thinking of are the two that Jen recommended -Amor Towles and Matt Haigs new books - looking forward to those.

Accountability - I picked up a sweet treat, end cap thing for Rob at TJ's yesterday - I didn't think anything of it because I don't care for sweets as much, but warning - stay away from the Brookie Caramel Candy Clusters - especially if you like dark chocolate and flaky salt on your caramel. A few of those, yes and dinner I ate as I expected - no pasta, some bread, yes wine. 185.0 today - onward.

B- keto bagel thin, light cream cheese, smoked salmon, tomato

l - keto bread ham and cheese sandwich

d- smoked chicken, seasoned black beans w/tons of fresh diced veggies and tomatoes, 2 zero tortillas on side

834/84

Have a wonderful day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 3/10/24 6:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I did not love the first episode of Regime, I am going to give it one more episode though, just in case and because I love Kate Winslet so much

Jen

Amy Liz
on 3/10/24 8:03 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I was a little bored the first half but I can see how it could evolve. It's quirky, so I will finish E1 and watch E2 and see where it goes.

Lisa91941
on 3/10/24 8:14 am
RNY on 10/29/19

He's like having a big bowl of chicken noodle soup. You just feel all warm and gooey inside after watching him. And since you've just started, wait til you see what a good human he is.

Amy Liz
on 3/10/24 8:25 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Awww, can't wait! Love him already.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/10/24 10:10 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, those two, plus there's a new Erik Larson and also a new TJ Klunes.....so many good books all the time; this is why my TBR never gets shorter no matter how many books I read!!

Jen

catwoman7
on 3/10/24 7:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm baking a loaf of sourdough bread at the moment - and I now have a ton of discard in fridge that I'll hopefully do something with this week. It's way more than I'll need for a future loaf. Meeting friends at a vegan restaurant for lunch, then I need to go visit Buddy the cat (whom I'm cat sitting for), then off to a hair appt, and then to an Oscar party. I decided to make a curried tuna salad for the party. I picked up a couple of packs of multigrain crackers to go with it. I was worried about all the unhealthy snacks that are likely to be there - and we have three or four cans of tuna here that came from MIL's pantry (and we almost never eat tuna), so...why not? The added curry should make it more interesting than regular tuna salad, so I'll focus on that plus any raw veggies/fruit trays that people might bring.

QOTD: I've got nothing.

B: coffee with half & half, plain skyr with 2 T cranberry/cherry compote, rye crumpet with butter and jam

MS: probably nothing

L: at the vegan restaurant. I'll probably order one of the bowls - they have either a bean or quinoa base with lots of vegetables and some kind of sauce

D: at the Oscar party. Definitely curried tuna salad with multigrain crackers - maybe some raw veggies and/or fruit, too. Hopefully not much else - although if something looks really decadent and didn't come from a store (I don't eat things that people buy at stores when I'm at these kinds of events (unless it's something like crackers that come with a homemade dip), since I could go to the store and just buy the thing later if I really want it) - anyway, if there's some decadent-looking homemade thing there, I might cave...

ex: not sure if I'll have time to sneak any in today - although it's beautiful out this morning! Maybe I'll leave for the lunch a little early and walk a couple of blocks...

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics