What's your plans for this Saturday?

Melody P.
on 3/16/24 2:36 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! Happy weekend!

My mom invited my brother and his fam over Sunday. So today we're going to a small grocery store for some tomatoes and such for taco Sunday. We have most of everything but my mom wants some certain taco shells she likes best. I get to clean the bathroom today. We're going to make a premade pie or something for dessert.

I have a few ideas kicking around for earrings. I hope to be able to do them today. I have a serious case of itchiness and I'm not sure why. It starts before I took a pain pill. It's kept me awake and Benadryl isn't helping much. I'm hoping I'll be able to get at least an hours worth of sleep after posting this. We'll see.

QOTD: what's your favorite movie and why?

My overall favorite is Apollo 13. I am a huge Apollo program nerd. I even have a mission coin from Apollo 8 and some photos that I got from my grandad. My aunts husband works for McDonald Douglass back during that time. So I was able to nerd out with that movie.

Now for my favorite hard to watch film. Schindler's List. I think everyone should have to watch it. I have seen it three times...it's hard. BUT it is something that should never be swept under the rug and forgotten.

M1: eggs, cheese, sausage and 5 crackers,

M2: caramel rice cake

M3: hopefully jumbo shrimp and an egg roll

M4: ???

M5: not sure on this one either. Probably boneless chicken wings

Queen JB
on 3/16/24 5:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Well, it must be spring in New England because I am a total mess of allergies. My head is pounding and my nose is a running faucet. I usually have about a month like this every spring. It's early this year, but it's undoubtedly here. I wish I could stay curled up with cats, coffee and a good book, but I am off to teach a St. Paddy's Day cookie class. Class is 2pm - 4pm, but I need a few hours to set up and break down, so I'll be out of the house from 12pm - 5pm. Luckily, no matter how tired I am, teaching always gives me an adrenaline rush, so I should be good :)

QOTD: I don't know how to choose just one because I have different favorites for different moods, but these are my favorite "comfort food" movies that I can watch over and over and never get tired of: The Princess Bride, Mean Girls, Harry Potter, When Harry Met Sally, 13 Going on 30, Legally Blonde, Never Been Kissed, and The Parent Trap (original).

I feel like crap and I am not hungry, so I will try to roll with it and make it a light day.

• protein coffee
  • veggie burger
  • balanced break
  • chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 3/16/24 6:32 am, edited 3/15/24 11:33 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

the fundraising gala for our county humane society (last night) was a blast, but I had WAY too much wine and cookies and felt like crapola when I got home. I didn't count (tbh, I was afraid to), but I'm pretty sure I had close to 3000 kcal yesterday. Ugh. I need to reel this back in. The days before that were, of course, way better than that, but still, kind of on the heavy side. I think I'll take half a Phentermine tablet today and tomorrow and stay at or under 1000 kcal. A couple of days like that will often "reset" me (I know this isn't the ideal way to handle this, but it often works for me - and for a couple of days, it's fine..)

I have training this afternoon at one of the theaters I'll be working at during the film festival. I didn't even know this place existed before since it's on the other side of town. It's one of those restaurant/theater combo things. The main reason I picked it is to check it out, since it's pretty far out of my way (the other theaters they'll be using for the festival are on campus and downtown, so I can bus or bike to them). Anyway, this should be interesting.

not much else going on this weekend. It'll be 50-ish F, but off & on rain. Sounds like a good weekend for some house projects.

QOTD: I'm kind of a film buff (big surprise - not!). I've taken several film classes and am in three film discussion groups - so I've seen so many movies that it's next to impossible to pick a favorite. I don't like many Hollywood blockbusters, though. I tend to drift toward foreign and independent fare. I like psychological thrillers, too (e.g., a lot of Hitch**** films).

coffee with half & half

Greek yogurt or a protein shake

the last of the current bagged salad plus a protein (maybe a couple of cheese sticks)

more Greek yogurt or chocolate "mousse" (or a protein shake)

1/2 a veggie burger

ex: I'd better do something - I'll see what's up at the gym today (although they don't have many classes on the weekends)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 3/16/24 7:36 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ What a week! After I left work yesterday, I was feeling great. Ran a few errands, took care of some things around the house and watched some of my shows, fell asleep hard in the recliner around 7pm - it was nice. Today I've already done an 'oops I forgot' shop at 6am for dog and cat needs. Walmart is a pleasure that early. We are taking the dogs to the park then going to hit a bucket of balls at the golf course and have some lunch. I need to go to TJ's later then tonight we are grilling some steaks and watching a movie, probably from the list below. A very nice day on tap.

QOTD - I don't have one favorite. Like JB, I have different moods and likes... but my comfort movies are Bridesmaids, My Cousin Vinny, Godfather I and II, Goodfellas, Titanic, Memoirs of a Geisha, Dancing with Wolves, Best in Show, Meangirls - I liked the 2nd one also, Devil wears Prada and so many more. Right now, all I'm thinking about is the Quiet Man - LOVE! But that is always saved for St. Pat's Day - it's tradition. Looking forward to watching that tomorrow.

Accountability - I was up and out before coffee or weight. I did well and on plan yesterday with one glass of wine, okay - maybe it was two!

B - coffee

l - Bloody Mary and 1/2 hotdog and a pickle spear

d - filet steak, corn on the cob

s - small apple, blue cheese and Finn crisp crackers

totals TBD

Have an amazing day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Queen JB
on 3/16/24 7:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

We'll be watching The Quiet Man tomorrow too!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 3/16/24 9:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

oooh, I just looked up those Finn crisp crackers - your combo is the perfect snack, I'm going to get some!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 3/16/24 1:31 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I just looked them up, too - and ditto! On my list they go!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 3/17/24 6:17 am
RNY on 11/21/16

So good!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
Recent Topics