What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 3/18/24 1:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Sorry that I can't resize pics anymore. At least I got this one uploaded!

Y'all ready for Monday? I'm ready, I guess. I had a good weekend. The class I taught on Saturday was fun, and yesterday was totally chill. My only complaint in life right now is the usual one I have at this time every year--spring allergies! I've had an absolutely awful time with headache and sniffles. I feel okay this morning and hope the worst of it has passed but I probably have a month longer to suffer until the pollen is done doing its thing.

I'm still down all the Kate Middleton rabbit holes. Something is very not right, and given the track record the palace has had with caring for their recent princesses, I am very worried for her and the children.

QOTD: What are you reading/watching/listening to? I'm looking for a good next book. I think I am going to start Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers on my commute today. Other than that, I recently read Apples Never Fall, which was excellent. They turned it into a limited series with a fantastic cast and I started watching it yesterday. It seems like they are making a lot of plot changes and I don't love how they are portraying some of the characters, but I am still eager to watch and see how it turns out.

Accountability: Most good choices all weekend. I got my Hungryroot delivery last night so I have lots of yummy looking meals to make.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • ?? lunch out with a colleague
  • carrot sticks
  • chili lime chicken and Mexican street corn & rice.
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 3/18/24 2:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

Not a lot set in stone for today. Only to pick up the kids after school and take one of them to a practice for orchestra camp.

I've been up since just before midnight. I've tried and tried to get back to at least rest but my body ain't having it. Hoping to at least get in a nap before 7:30.I am basically in pain from the nose down. It's so freaking annoying and I'm feeling very bitter right now. I'd settle for a good day a week pain wise. I don't like feeling this way emotionally. Bitterness serves nothing but miserableness and even though I do know that I am still feeling it. I do have to call my OBGYN today to get an appointment. My BC is making me skip periods a lot. I've put it off long enough but I just hate doing those appointments.

QOTD: not a lot lately. Just my play list mix.

M1: PP pancakes, 1 tbs PB and coffee x 2

M2: 2 eggs, cheese and 4 crackers

M3: burritos with low carb tortilla, refried beans, cheese, sour cream, avocado, taco meat and the veggie stuff.

M4: PP shake

M5: not sure on this one.

Melody P.
on 3/18/24 3:27 pm - Amarillo, TX

My day went great until I got home. Should hear back from the eye doctor tomorrow morning. I have a pretty good sized headache.

Melody P.
on 3/18/24 3:27 pm - Amarillo, TX

Opps here is the pic

Grim_Traveller
on 3/18/24 3:28 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning everyone. Another week begins. Not a lot going on, and it looks like a cooler and classier several days, so no outside work.

I loved Mel's meme for Kate Middleton yesterday. She's moved to a small town and falls in love with a farmer who doesn't know she's a princess. Also, I find it very odd that everyone refers to her by her maiden name. Also, it's odd that anyone still uses the term maiden name.

QOTD: I'm finishing Masters of the Air on TV. It's excellent, if you like that sort of thing. And I'm reading "An Army at Dawn," about the US invasion of North Africa in WWII. Why does anyone need to change history? It's full of wonderful things, and there's no need to invent anything. There is this wonderful figure who was a spy in Morocco. His self-given nickname was Pinkeye, and he made his living as a black market macaroni dealer. Who could make up anything better than that?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/18/24 4:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am ready for some classier days, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 3/18/24 6:11 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Stay classy my friend.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 3/18/24 3:28 am, edited 3/17/24 8:29 pm - Warren, OH

I am reading Bookwomans Daughter. It is a fascinating story about a project in Kentucky during the early 1900s. It bought books to people in isolated areas. It helped with their isolation and their illiteracy. It also is about a disorder that turned peoples skin blue,

Those blue people were not allowed to marry whites and were beaten and put in jail if they disobeyed the law. The first book was Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek. The books are novels and among the best I have ever read.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 3/18/24 4:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday. I am already ready for it to be Friday!

I enjoyed spending time with my bestie on Saturday and yesterday I spent some time cooking and reading. I could have/should have been more productive but I wasn't and that's just the way the day went!

qotd - I read Book of Doors this weekend and loved it, I have 8 books in various phases from brain candy like Jeffrey Deaver's The Never Game to Normal Women by Phillippa Gregory which is a deep dive into the normal women through history (starting around the Norman conquest). I also watched all of The Red Queen on Amazon which is a Spanish series based on the mystery books with Antonia Scott as the main character.

menu today

coffee plus half and half x3

yogurt

ham and cheese on naan

chicken stew

have a great Monday

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 3/18/24 4:57 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I hope you have found a good med to help with your allergy symptoms. Rob is having a heluva time this year and nothing seems to help. I went down the princess rabbit hole for 3 minutes the other day and it had my head spinning. I don't know why and especially after all this publicity that they wouldn't fix it - show her unless she was unable... I had a great weekend, lots of fun on Saturday, lots of naps and fun yesterday too. I feel refreshed and ready for the week.

QOTD - I'm currently listening to Saturated Facts by Dr Idz. He's one of the tiktok peeps I follow. I just finished None of this is True by Lisa Jewell - I still have questions... And fitting in random health and fluff while waiting for some goodies to be released.

Accountability - I went overboard Saturday with ****tails and Sunday with snacks. A bloated 185.2 today. 4/10 is my 1st revision surgiversay and I wanted to be at my first goal by then of 175 - that is 10 pounds. 3 pounds of this is water, no biggie, so if I buckle down hard, I have 3 1/2 weeks to lose the other 7. I can do it. I've entered a high fiber fruit and veggie phase - thanks Dr Idz.

b- coffee, yogurt berries, protein granola

l - chicken w/roasted eggplant, mushrooms, onions, peppers w/fresh tomato and parm

d- eggbeaters veggie scramble

s - qukes, orange, beef jerky

794/77

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
Recent Topics