What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/11/24 2:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning Gang, it's lil Friday! I'm heading into the office on the early train again today. Mostly zooms but a few in person, too. Still loving the job. HR sure isn't dull!

Y'all are FANCY. So many balls! I had no idea what I was missing. I hope I get extra lucky and get to go to a ball where there is a murder I have to solve, just like on my favorite Hallmark mysteries ;) Speaking of murders to solve, I haven't worked on my cozy mystery novel since before I started back to work, so I need to get back to that, soon! I keep thinking about it but I haven't been writing anything down.

QOTD: What's the last thing you bought or made that made someone else very happy? In one of my TikTok binges, I got obsessed with watching kitties using those little head massagers, so I bought one. As expected, Fezzie is too suspicious and barely lets it touch him. But Innie (ham cat) is a total comfort ***** He loves it and now demands his head massage every night. I don't think I have ever spent $17 that made anyone happier.

Pet Massager

Accountability: Yesterday my GERD was literally so bad that I couldn't eat al day. My throat is sore and I lost my voice several times from the acid burning my throat. I bought tea (yes, you read that right, TEA) at Starbucks and sipped on it all day but I was too scared to eat. I had a few handfuls of Tums when I got home and took a second omeprazole, then had a veggie burger which was all I ate all day. How long is the list for my doctor getting? I should buy a scroll.

This is my tentative plan today:

• protein coffee
  • tea
  • balanced break
  • plain chicken & quinoa
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 4/11/24 2:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all. QJB, I am so sorry you're dealing with the GERD and I hope it eases up soon.

yesterday ended up being busy-ish. I got a call asking if I could come in for my impressions at the dentist's office. Spent almost two hours there. I go back Tuesday for some work on my denture and then Wednesday I get the 8 teeth extracted. I've been covering up the pain they've caused me...trying to ignore it. When they put that cold stuff on my teeth I about came unglued. Ouch. I've had a headache since.

i also figured out what to do for my nieces friends for her party. I made 8 fidget toys. She didn't want a huge party but has a close knit group of friends. I think she wanted me to make dice bags but I can't afford that. It'd be over 30 bucks for supplies for each bag in the colors she requested. LOL. The fidget toys are all plain(clear anodized aluminum). Here is a link to the public video on FB I made of them....Fidget Toy

Not much planned for the day today. I think if possible we'll stay home but I do have an appointment with my peer support friend. I need it too. I finally told my mom she had to get a grip of herself. She wasn't happy but also said she knew she did. Now if it goes beyond that remains to be seen. I am hopeful so we'll see.

QOTD: the dice bag I made for my niece. Well worth the effort!

food is unknown as I haven't planned this week like I should of. Breakfast will be eggs as usual. Lunch will likely be chicken.

Grim_Traveller
on 4/11/24 3:39 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. Yesterday was a nice day for some outside work. Today and tomorrow is a lot of rain, which should be perfect for the fertilizer.

No plans for today, just daily chores and such. It might be time to open up a ham.

Sometimes it pays to keep a low profile.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/11/24 3:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay for Jr. Friday. That does sound pretty horrible, QJB, hope the doctor is able to help you. Does your insurance support tele medicine so maybe you could get a different perscription now? Or a dr with morning or evening/weekend hours so you're not waiting? I know we have regular GP appts at the urgent care near by starting at 7 am and availalble saturday & sunday.

QOTD - all my march birthday people were very delighted with their gifts!

Busy day at work today, plus an appt after work, everything should go fast and tomorrow is friday! Yay for the passing of the week.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

pastrami and cheese sandwich

bunless cheeseburger

Have a terrific Thursday!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 4/11/24 5:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That's a good idea to look into telehealth. I'm still a little miffed from my urgent care experience with my knee so I'll call that plan B. But you are right that I need some intervention at this point.

Greateight
on 4/11/24 5:06 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

QJB, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well.

It's only a couple of times a year that I can do RX+, but yesterday was one such day. No hard gymnastics or way too heavy weights - just a cardio day. So I went for it. 25 Burpees over the rower/50 calorie row/25 burpees over the rower. I paced myself and just kept going. I used the transition time on and off the rower as a mini-break. And I tried to do most of the jumps over the rower sideways because it's more efficient. But as I got tired, I would take the time to set up parallel to the rower and jump that way. Anyways, I nudged just under the 10:00 time cap at 9:54.

After reading Grim's chicken suggestion I Googled "what eats Cicadas?' And I found out that, amongst other things, skunks eat them. Lovely, 8,993 insects turning into a skunk buffet. Plus all the extra food for increased breeding.

Dinner was quite nice. We passed on the bread tray, so I was able to eat all of my proteins plus a few bites of dessert. The lamb was probably my favorite course and Marilyn loved the venison. She generally doesn't like very sweet things or dessert wine, but loved her poached pineapple with a glass of Sauternes. The pineapple in the dessert and the apricot of the wine really complimented each other.

QOTD: Probably Marilyn's puzzle from the Del Coronado. It vexed her a bit, but in the end, I think that she really enjoyed it.

Breakfast: English muffin

Lunch: Turkey sandwich

Dinner: Stuffed Peppers

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 4/11/24 5:06 am - Warren, OH

Yesterday I bought airline tickets so my 13-year-old twin nieces can come to visit me this summer. I have plans for Cedar Point and a lot of other activities while they are here in June. I probably made them and their parents happy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 4/11/24 5:09 am - Warren, OH

I don't think tea is any more helpful than coffee. Maybe lots of water until this goes down again. So sorry you are dealing with this.

Queen JB
on 4/11/24 5:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Thanks. Not sure how accurate it is but I read the green tea helps, and coffee should be avoided so I'm trying. I refuse to replace the first coffee of the morning but I'll try green tea for the rest of the day.

White Dove
on 4/11/24 5:43 am - Warren, OH

I forgot about green tea. My mother lived on tea and switched to green tea as she got older. She said it made her feel better. I hope it helps. I used to use Sleepy Time tea at night back when I had trouble sleeping.

Most Active