What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/3/24 2:19 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! How's Monday looking for everyone? I am a little overwhelmed by my schedule this week. I should have done more to prep yesterday but I was super overtired from a busy Saturday and feeling icky from allergies so I just made it today's problem. Oops. Gotta make this quick so I can get started.

Today is the first official day of our office's month-long step challenge. You have to get minimum of 5K to get entered into the weekly raffle but you need over 10K a day to be a contender for the big win. I'll try!

QOTD: Who was the last baby born in your family? I have a pretty small family and we haven't had a baby in ages except for one of my cousins who has had 3 little guys in the last 6 years. But he lives overseas, so I've never met them. I've decided that want a baby nearby to start spoiling ;)

• protein coffee
  • apple & brie cinnamon protein crepes
  • Thai peanut chicken & cauliflower
  • meatballs & broccoli
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 6/3/24 4:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Quick check in to start the week! Weekend was fantastic and all the things were done! Great music, food, friends and ****tails. I'm not unhappy this hotel does not have a scale, although I did weigh myself before I left home yesterday, which was after breakfast, and it did look like the 11, 770 steps on Friday and the 18,589 Saturday were helpful in that regard. Yesterday was flights and errands but with airport walking and walking to dinner in the 90 degrees and 80% humidity, I did get 10,110 steps in.

QJB, good luck on the step challenge. I hope your knee doctor is on board with it!

June is crazy, all work travel, so my goal is to just stay the course and make it through the month!

qotd - my youngest niece is 2.5

menus are not my own right now but protein and food choices are the plan. We have a 730 dinner at a local steakhouse so I know that is in the plan for the evening (730 is very late for dinner to me!) and there will be coffee.

have a good Monday and week and start to June!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 6/3/24 5:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You have a busy schedule and maintain your exercise regime- you're truly amazing.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 6/3/24 4:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Looks like a nice morning, but we're supposed to get rain (again!) today - and for the next couple of days to boot. I hope I can get back to biking later this week. Otherwise, not much going on this week. I'm going to take the original copy of my mother's new and improved will to the bank today to stick it in our safe deposit box, otherwise, I'll probably get back to cleaning/purging and work on my new class (Eastern European Art History).

I've done super well on eating the last three days - below my calorie goal every day. Hope I can keep this up for awhile (well, forever!). I still haven't weighed myself after the food fest last week - I'm giving it a few more days. I don't need the trauma.

QOTD: well in my generation it was my brother, born in 1967. Of the following generation - wow - only two marriages among that crew, let alone babies. One cousin's daughter had a baby about three years ago, whom I've never met (they live in northern Michigan). She's pregnant again and due later this month, though.

coffee with half & half

Greek yogurt and fruit

salad with chicken strips and low-calorie dressing

protein shake or more Greek yogurt

dinner TBA

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 6/3/24 5:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! It's the first Monday of the new month, I hope we all have a great June. I had a good weekend, nothing too exciting but I did have dinner with Em Saturday and we went browsing at HomeGoods and Costco. It's payroll week so I'm hoping things run smooth for the team since it's a short turnaround when the 1st or 16th fall on the weekend. I have a FaceTime call set for lunch today with a good friend (old co-worker) who just found out Thursday that she was laid off. The same company that I got laid off from three years ago did another large layoff. I can definitely relate to how she's feeling.

QOTD: Neither John or I have big families, John's cousin became a grandma a few months ago.

TSS: 9 years 9 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Grilled steak, butter lettuce, shredded cheese, guacamole, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: SF jello

E: 1/2 hour stationary bike and at-home PT

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1328 Protein:112 Carbs:118 Fat:49

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 6/3/24 5:34 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Monday is looking good, brand new month and last of our FY - fun, fun, fun... Lots of clean up and set up but I need to close May first and continue training staff. I had a wonderful weekend doing most of the fun things I planned and all of the not so fun house things. Kiddos came over for dinner and we finally finished watching the Jeopardy Masters Tournament.

QOTD - The last baby in my immediate family would be my 6 year old grandniece. I see her maybe once or twice a year - she is amazing. I have tons of cousins all over the country that have littles I've never met though.

Accountability - The kids brought tons of goodies to eat along and we had to have a talk about that... if it was just for them - cool, but they want me to try this and eat that... I did 'try' TJ's strawberry coated pretzels and they did not suck, in fact I ate a whole serving of 10 - very tasty. All 'nacks went home with them. Yesterday was 81 active minutes w/14,182 steps! 177.2 again this am. 30 minutes on the treadmill done. Instead of parking in front of the back door at work (started because of dark winter and I am usually the 1st in), it's the furthest spot in the lower lot for me now. Walk at lunch if I can and all extra steps whenever possible.

B- coffee x 3, protein coffee, legendary pastry

l - mini salad kit w/chicken breast

d- air fryer - bare chicken nuggets and fries

s - strawberries, raspberries and whipped cream

Have a great week everyone!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 165 GW 155

White Dove
on 6/3/24 6:09 am - Warren, OH

I agree with you. Guests can bring anything they like and I might eat some of it, but it has to leave with them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 6/3/24 5:41 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning all. We had a wicked busy Saturday, but it was great. Followed by a very lazy Sunday. I'm waiting for the chimney repair guy to arrive soon, and another tree service to give me an estimate at noon. Otherwise, more laundry and a day in the shop.

QOTD: My youngest niece just graduated high school on Saturday! My two nephews are in their 20s, and I'm really hoping neither of them reproduce. It's not family, per se, but my BFF's daughter had a baby just two months into covid, but, probably because of that, she doesn't get out a lot. That's going to be an odd generation, I think. I wish their were more babies around. I'd like a larger emotional cohort.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Greateight
on 6/3/24 5:45 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

What a busy weekend! When I signed up for the Saturday race a couple of months ago, I checked the 10K box figuring that I could always chicken out and do the 5K if I wasn't up to it. But when I went to pick up my race packet on Thursday, I realized that my timer was for the 10K only and that if I just ran 5K I may create a Rosie Ruiz situation by finishing the wrong race. So, I was in for the 10-K or bust.

I hadn't run more than 5K at a time, since pre-COVID, so my goal was just to jog the whole way without walking and I did that, finishing in about 79 minutes. Interestingly, I ran at the same pace for the whole way: first mile, to 5K split, to finishing. I got a beer and a granola bar at a the race and headed home. And then the weekend really started.

Showered, packed (very lightly), and headed to the airport. My taxi was late so I wasn't able to have lunch, just grab and go from the newsstand. I landed in Denver, my son met me at the airport and we started heading back East. Marilyn followed us in the van with my son's computers, and furniture. We caught some thunderstorms driving through Eastern Colorado, but made it to North Platte Nebraska by 9:00 Saturday night. Yesterday, we were back on the road by 8:30 and drove 722 miles from North Platte to Chicago. I mostly split driving the van with Marilyn, but drove my son's truck a couple of hours to let him get a nap. We got home at about 8:15 and sat out on the porch with the scraps of cheese remaining in our house and a bottle of wine.

I went to bed first. When I woke up this morning, Marilyn said "We don't have any water, I had an issue last night." Okay. Apparently, she decided to snack on some of the Reeses Pieces left over from the ride. And one fell and rolled under the refrigerator. She tried to move the appliance to get the stray Piece and broke the pipe to the ice maker. And while the ice maker has a dedicated shut off valve, it sure doesn't appear to work. We are waiting for the plumber now.

Marilyn said that the whole time that she was trying to shut off the leak last night she was thinking about my crazy OH friends that move their stoves to clean every week.

QOTD: In my immediate family it's my 20 year old. Marilyn's brother has one still in high school.

I have no idea about meals today. I did not get good nutrition this weekend, particularly after that run. Not enough to eat and most of it junk.

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 6/3/24 6:17 am - Warren, OH

Sounds like the week you will both remember forever. Congratulations on the 10K, I never ran that far in my life and was always thrilled to finish a 5K, even if I was close to the bottom in rank. I used to move the stove and refrigerator every week and get on hands and knees to scrub the floors. Then it dawned on me that God created mops for a reason. Now I am content to leave the stove and refrigerator until there is a strong young person to move it for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 275 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 245 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 368 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 203 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 136 views