What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/6/24 2:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and Happy Happy Thursday! Almost there! I am heading into the office on the early train and then I have a few hours to prep for a 3 hour training I am giving to a big in-person crew today. No problem, except that I just wrote it the other day and I haven't had nearly enough time to prep so I hope I don't sound like an idiot up there!

QOTD: Do you have a favorite sports-ball player (any sport)? I really don't have favorite players but, I decided to pick a random player on our little minor league team to be my favorite because he has the same last name as me. I give him a huge yell when he's up to bat and I am sure he's wondering--what the hell? This team is wayyyy too minor to have name jerseys to buy but I'm thinking of having one made up for him. I mean, it's my name, too, right? Grim is worried this player's girlfriend might show up to a game some time and wonder who I am and beat me up, haha.

P.S. Teenie - text me your address! I know I have it but I can't find it, and I am finally going to send your bulldog shirt tomorrow :)

Accountability: I had a blessed not-hungry-at-all day and ran with it and got 8712 steps. I had meetings around campus and usually on those days I get well over 10K, but it turns out they were all right next to each other, lol.

• protein coffee
  • egg wrap with cheese
  • power crunch bar
  • pulled chicken & cheese quesadilla
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 6/6/24 3:50 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. We're supposed to have rain today, so I'm glad I got my outside chores done yesterday. Not a lot going on today. I'm going to go and get my rowing in before taking JB to the train.

QOTD: I don't have a real favorite. I do like a guy who got his first major league hit with the Red Sox yesterday, after 11 years in the minors. Those guys make peanuts -- like, less than McDonalds in Alabama peanuts. They asked him what he was looking forward to on the upcoming road trip, and he said he hoped they have those fancy robes in the hotel room.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Mkess
on 6/6/24 5:38 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I forgot how much Major League time triggers a MLB minimum contract. Making the big leagues is the dream.

Actually, I'm totally wrong in terms of compensation. MLB pays call ups a prorated minimum salary for each day they're in the majors. This year, it equates to $4,444. On their first day, they're eligible for medical benefits. On day 43, they qualify for a pension.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Grim_Traveller
on 6/6/24 8:29 am
RNY on 08/21/12

The minor leagues are a little better now, but up until 2 years ago the lower levels got $1,000 a month, and the upper levels $2,000. But only for the 5 months a year they played games. They had to find their own housing, and got 20 bucks a day in meal money when they were on the road. They were required to go to spring training, without pay.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Teenie
on 6/6/24 1:12 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

When we had season Tickets to the Frontier league most players stayed with host Families. The section we sat in most of the fans were host cheering for the boys staying with them.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Mkess
on 6/7/24 6:48 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Oh yeah, being a career minor leaguer is a tough way to make a living. I can't imagine after years in the minor league, realizing that it doesn't look like the call up will ever come. It's a feel good story when all the perseverance pays off. And the independent leagues? Forget about not having a full time job at the same time.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Mkess
on 6/6/24 5:45 am, edited 6/5/24 11:44 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

OH sucks. This double post was a gateway timeout that actually posted. Loading pages, uploading, and posting are not fun on this site.

Melody P.
on 6/6/24 3:53 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

I did hear back from the pain management folks and it's ok for me to go back to Tylenol 4s. They don't help just a great deal but some relief is better than no relief. I need to call today to make an appointment to get a refill. We've decided we're going to the lake tomorrow. I am unsure if I'll be able to get in the water(certain time of the month). But I am looking forward to it. We'll have the kids too so that'll be fun.

Yesterday ended rather stressfully due to my mom. I did however convince her to try something for anxiety when she gets upset over the neighbors. The newer heart med she started isn't working at all either.

QOTD: not really into sports...at all. I don't mind the statistical aspects though. If I had to pick one it'd be either of the Kelce brothers. I've listened to their podcast and they seem humble and funny.

B: eggs, cheese, 2 crackers, taqueria sauce and coffee

L: tamale pie and sour cream

D: honey BBQ boneless chicken bites and a L&F yogurt

Today it's been 80 years since D-Day. May there sacrifices never be forgotten.

Mel

Melody P.
on 6/6/24 3:56 am - Amarillo, TX

I hate auto correct Their sacrifice instead of there.

Mel

Dcgirl
on 6/6/24 4:30 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning good morning! If any of you swing a chicken yesterday for my HVAC nightmare to be resolved, it worked! Thank you! The leak was found and fixed. Woohoo!

Q: no sportsball favorites here. I am impressed with the LA Rams coach - he's super young and MAN, he could teach a class on media training! Whenever DH watches his press conferences I marvel at how perfectly he answers all the questions. He is masterful!

I have a decent day planned, two meetings and a workshop and some cleanup to do on conference sessions after a long meeting with our CEO yesterday. And a 5 pm gym class. I also have to pack since I will be leaving for the airport at 4:15 am tomorrow. Gulp. My stepdad woke up and is coherent so it looks like I will get to see him.
Eats today - I may make some hard boiled eggs and have egg salad! We also have chicken sausage and chicken that were grilled. I think I'll make some pasta with turkey sauce so there are leftovers when I leave tomorrow. I am 22 lbs from my first goal weight and then want to do 10 more. But it's slow going. I'll just stay the course. I appreciate all the support here!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 245 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 368 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 203 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 136 views
Recent Topics