What's your plan for this Saturday?

Melody P.
on 6/8/24 12:59 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all!

Not much happening today. I have to pick up prescriptions but other than that nothing is planned. Yesterday was decent. The water was too cold for me to stay in to long. It made my back hurt a lot along with my legs. Saw prong horned deer on the way there and some different types of birds. Cormorants, geese and turkey vultures. I forgot my nice camera of course and only had my phone. Lots and LOTS of bugs, esp flies and spiders. Oh joy! lol. I got bit a few times by flies before I could use the OFF We had. Those suckers hurt. The kids had a blast so it was worth the pain that I'm still in. Next time I'll bring a chair if it'll fit in the car.

here is a pic of the bee that landed beside me on the picnic table. He buzzed around a lot and made me so wish I had a decent camera. I posted it yesterday but wanted to share again!

QOTD: open water or pool?

I will take either but I usually would prefer a pool. I like seeing to the bottom. Our little swimming hole we go to at the lake is actually pretty clear. I am a little fearful of murky waters.

B: eggs, cheese and 1tbs ranch and coffee x 2

L: beef roast with BBQ sauce, low carb tortilla and cheese

D: probably more roast

me today...supposed to be 103°

Mel

Amy Liz
on 6/8/24 7:30 am, edited 6/8/24 12:35 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That is a serious looking bee to me. The ones I see here are fuzzy little cuties. Yesterday was a good day, glad to have the week behind me. Today will be overcast/damp all day - perfect snail weather. So, clean/laundry, watching Belmont races, BBQ and watch a movie. Probably some errands too.

QOTD - Pool, please. I loved the ocean when I was a kid, couldn't get me out of it! But not anymore, unless I can see the bottom. That would be a big HELL NO on ponds, lakes and rivers. That's where they hide bodies!

Accountability - good food wise, 63 active minutes and 7,581 steps. I couldn't swim because they were doing maintenance on the pool and wouldn't be open again until the evening swim hours, but they let me check out the locker room/shower situations which was enormous and very doable w/some private options so I was relieved. Next week I'm sure things will go smoothly. Since the weather sucks today, I may get on the treadmill and listen to my book for a while because I can't stop thinking about it and rack up some steps. I want to do an upper body weight workout too, but we'll see.

ETA: 176.0 today. WTH 175? You elusive devil.

B- coffee, eggbeater wrap and protein shake

l - chicken w/chopped salad

d - BBQ chicken and potato salad

s - watermelon

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 165 GW 155

Lisa91941
on 6/8/24 7:35 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Which book, Amy?

Amy Liz
on 6/8/24 7:39 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Stephen King's - You Like It Darker. It's a book of short stories and I really love his writing.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/8/24 5:35 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I am reading this one but the stories are so scary/creepy I can't read them at bed time.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 6/9/24 4:54 am
RNY on 11/21/16

When I was younger and through my mid 40's, you couldn't pay me to watch a scary movie, nevermind read Stephen King! It would haunt me for days. I couldn't even watch Dateline before bed it would give me nightmares. I don't know what changed other than watching scary movies with Rob after we met and now I love them. Nothing bothers me or gives me bad dreams anymore. Weird now that I think about it, especially since a lot of SK is about dreams!

Partlypollyanna
on 6/9/24 5:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

lol, I am the opposite! I started reading SK at 9 when I found a copy of the shining on my grandma's shelf, even through my early 30s my bestie and I would have scary movie Saturday once a month...and the we watched The Ring and it freaked me out so much....then we went and saw Murder By Numbers and had to go see some crappy comedy to make our brains relax before bedtime. I didn't even watch supernatural before bed in its scariest seasons. I still love the scaries, I just need space before dreams, lol

Jen

Amy Liz
on 6/9/24 6:22 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I fall asleep to Forensic Files these days and sleep like a baby. I never understood how people, especially kids could not be as scared as I was before! Wizard of Oz still creeps me out big time, haha.

Lisa91941
on 6/8/24 7:44 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

It's amazing to me how hard it can be to get to 10K steps. Yesterday with the gym and the treadmill and the chores and life in general still had me running in place for those last 1000 steps or so. Ended my day with 159 exercise minutes and 10,190 steps. Clearly yoga and spin class don't help on the step count. But my ass is on fire today, so they helped with something. I made really good food choices yesterday including the 9 pm I think I'm starving crisis. One pack of prepackaged 1 ounce beef jerky did the trick and by ten I was ready to go to bed and read for a bit.

Today is going to be a nice day! I'm heading out on a walk and will do 35 minutes to nail my movement goal. Then we'll fancy up a bit and go see the matinee show of Mrs. Doubtfire followed by date night. We have reservations at a nice steakhouse that does date night meals for two. There will be some walking around downtown so I'm hoping that will take me over my step goal. Nobody wants to come home from a nice meal and a glass of wine and change from strappy sandals into sneakers to finish off step goals. But I will if I must.

QoTD: I've been doing aqua fit classes occasionally, but really, I do not like to be in the water. Any water. On the water, yes. Next to the water, for sure. Water in view, lovely. In the water, uh I'd rather not.

Bites today

B: Egg scrambled with chorizo and Oaxaca cheese

L: maybe another mini blt made with zero carb tortilla

D: All bets are off. It will either tomahawk steak or Wagu Carbonara and a glass or two of wine.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 6/8/24 5:33 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

One of my coworkers was a heavy heavy biker. She put her Fitbit on her shoelaces to make sure she got step credit for her rides. You could probably do it for spin!

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 275 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 245 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 368 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 203 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?