What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 6/16/24 4:22 am - Amarillo, TX

good mornin y'all!

yesterday was ok. We went to a soccer game and I got a slight sun burn. It was a decent day. I am thankful for it! Even though my SIL's mother got snarky with us LOL

Not a lot planned for the day. My pain levels are way up so I hope to take it somewhat easy today. I need to finish a bracelet and hopefully get another one done too. I am hoping to get a lot done in that this week ahead

QOTD: what's the plan for your week ahead?

we are going to the lake again either tomorrow or Friday. Other than that I have an appointment Thursday. Like I mentioned I'm also hoping to get some chainmaille done!

B: eggs, cheese, 1tbs blue cheese dressing and coffee x 2

L: egg beater burrito with cheese, sausage and tomato

D: hot dog sans the bun, 1/4 cup chili, 2 tbs shredded cheese

S: protein pancakes and a yogurt

what I got done yesterday.

Mel

catwoman7
on 6/16/24 5:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

not much going on today, but I hope to finish a book for my book discussion group that meets tomorrow. I should also try to get ahead in my online class since I have another class starting up tomorrow. YIKES! It's storming outside now, so a good day to stay inside!

QOTD: book discussion group tomorrow, vet appt and a wine meetup with some friends on Tuesday, taking my mother to a doctor's appt on Wednesday morning and a massage Wednesday afternoon, podiatrist appt and the installation of our new garage door on Friday (I'm going to miss our old garage door, but it's 70 years old and it's getting harder and harder for the garage door repair place to find parts for it. Boo! They don't make garage doors like they used to! (the current one is redwood. You can't even buy redwood anymore; the current substitute for that is cedar. However, a cedar garage door would have cost us $20K!! No thanks..)

coffee with half & half

protein oatmeal topped with Chobani Zero Sugar coconut yogurt, a tablespoon of chocolate tahini, and half a small banana

salad with diced chicken and diced peach

skyr with fruit

leftover veggie quesadilla from last night

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 6/16/24 6:12 am - Warren, OH

I remember feeling bad about replacing an old wood gargage door with the new vinyl one. But they did a great job and the door looked great on that house and was so much ligher and easier to lift. They told me that the wood had absorbed moisture over the years and got heavy and warped in places. The vinyl stayed like new.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/16/24 9:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm hoping I'll like ours, too. We do like the new one we picked out. That old one is so great, though - but yea - the guy who usually repairs it (although he only comes maybe every 2-3 years) said it probably weighs 400 lbs (!!)

Lisa91941
on 6/16/24 8:12 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I clearly remember the day we replaced the old garage door with a new roll up style in our first house as the First Day I was an Adult. I was just so excited about a new garage door!

Ymaliz
on 6/16/24 6:34 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Those pieces are great - are they butterflies? Another sunny, beautiful day! Not so energized today though, but very happy. We golfed yesterday and it was so fun. Rob was groaning that I wa****ting better than him, ha! It's not talent or practice, just dumb luck. I am so sore everywhere. I also need better golf shoes, we walked and my feet were screaming halfway through. Today is a house day for me. I want to get things organized around here and ready for the week ahead and the kids are coming over for dinner. And a Costco run - we are completely out of paper towel and low on coffee.

QOTD - This week will be busy-busy. I have several trainings, a couple of meetings and a year end posting project I need to organize then train staff to complete. No personal appts I can think of? It should fly. I need to join the gym with the pool I like before Friday so I can reserve my swim lane and actually go w/out anxiety.

Accountability - I deviated from my plan a bit with snacks and dinner though not badly. I only earned 16 minutes of activity for golf? And tell me how walking every square inch of Target, Walmart and TJ's earned me only 600 steps? I think when I hold the cart handles I don't get the steps. It was so disappointing. The steps I did get were from my car to the store pretty much. My watch was so unkind yesterday! 16 active minutes and 6,980 steps - so wrong. 176.6 today, yuck. No planned activity - yet anyway. I may take little girl on a nice park walk later before my errands.

B- coffee, low carb tortilla w/cream cheese, EBB and tomato, protein shake

l - Popeyes blackened chicken tenders w/mardi gras mustard dip - I'm obsessed

d- pot roast, potatoes, carrots

s - blue and goat cheese, finn crisp crackers and cherries

Have an amazing day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 6/16/24 6:59 am, edited 6/16/24 12:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yes, it?s the arm movement that triggers the step count! I?ve tested it a few times with my Fitbit to be sure. It might be different with other wearables

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 6/16/24 10:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was hoping when I replaced my Fitbit with a Garmin that it would count grocery store steps. Nope. Same deal. It evidently counts arm movements. I have an issue when I use my walking sticks, too, because I'm only moving my arms when my right leg swings forward - so the watch only counts half my steps. I know some people who push carts with one hand and let the arm with the watch on it swing so all their steps are counted!

White Dove
on 6/16/24 7:58 am - Warren, OH

I have tried pushing the grocery cart with the hand without the watch. It was hard to do as the cart got full and I believe that Jen is right and it the swinging of the arm that it counts. When fitness trackers were newer, people would put it on the ankle instead of wrist, but they were no****ches back around 2012.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 6/17/24 2:04 am - Amarillo, TX

They are! I had some kits from the friend who designed them. Here is a better pic.

Mel

Recent Topics
Compassion, Self Unnerstannin
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 15 views
Its Caturday!! :)
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 32 views
Happy Friday!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 58 views
What's on your (photo) Friday menu?
Ymaliz · 46 replies · 372 views