bjc368’s Posts

bjc368
on 11/25/19 7:53 pm
Topic: RE: Reactive Hypoglycemia?does it go away?

Hope springs eternal! I don't mind avoiding sugar, but I ate chicken potstickers about 4 hours before my last bad episode. I'd like to think it won't always be that bad.

bjc368
on 11/25/19 7:51 pm

I'm now staying away from trigger foods, but matters are complicated by the fact that I was hospitalized in May with a small bowel blockage. My GI had me go on a low fiber diet, but now I can't do that because my blood sugar spikes and then plummets. New low last night of 45. Do you go to the hospital when you're super low?

Due to the blockage and unexplained epigastric pain, my new bariatric surgeon scheduled me for a diagnostic laparoscopy 12/6.

bjc368
on 11/25/19 7:44 pm

Thanks, even if this wasn't what I wanted to hear. It seems like I'm getting more sensitive to carbs of any kind. Anything you've found helpful?

bjc368
on 11/24/19 7:24 pm

I've just reached my 2-year anniversary. I started out in the mid-190s, currently 130. About 2 months ago, I started feeling really sick and weak after eating. I tested my blood glucose many times a day while tracking my food. It went as high as 300, as low as 51. I also saw a new bariatric surgeon (RoseMarie Jones in Indianapolis) who confirmed that I do have RH. She sees it as a great way to make sure I'm not eating junk. I'm on a very low carb diet and absolutely no sweets.

If you've had any luck getting this to go away, please share! Or, just tell me how you're doing living with it if you can't shake it.

Judy

bjc368
on 1/3/18 7:06 pm
Topic: RE: When to start fruits and vegetables

I had a paper thin slice of tomato with grilled chicken breast and it didn't give me any problems. It's really great to hear all the responses about focusing on protein. I'm drinking protein shakes and taking all my supplements, so I'm not going to worry to much about veggies for now.

bjc368
on 12/31/17 9:32 am
Topic: RE: When to start fruits and vegetables

My surgeon said not to have any fruits or vegetables for the first three months. Anyone else? Most other surgeons seem to think you should start well-cooked vegetables 6 weeks in.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views