AmberDawnIsbell’s Posts

AmberDawnIsbell
on 3/19/19 9:42 am
Topic: RE: Acid Reflux PH study

I follow up with my Bariatric surgeon on Friday to get the results of the Bravo study. I had been taking omeprazole but now it seems to do nothing for my issues. I eat Tums like candy however not during the PH study. My chest is sore from the aspiration and I'm so darn tired. My bed is six inches raised at the head and I sleep on two pillows-when I can sleep. I didn't seem to feel much acid during the 48hour Bravo study and I didn't aspirate during that time. I'm so worried he will tell me nothing is wrong. This dr told me my symptoms were in my head that nothing was functionally wrong last year. He finally did an exploratory surgery and removed adhesions, scar tissue, and fixed a hernia. I finally had some relief from stomach pain. If he finds nothing wrong with the PH study I will ask about the blood test. Do you recall the name of the test? Thank you so much. Having someone understand is so encouraging!!

amber

AmberDawnIsbell
on 3/19/19 9:33 am

My original rny pouch was herniated into my diaphragm and part of the pouch died. So I have a pouch the size of a grape now.

AmberDawnIsbell
on 3/18/19 9:43 am

I basically do the same routine: Benadryl at night, Zyrtec in the morning, chew Tums like candy. The omeprazole and other medicines tamed the symptoms at first but now nothing helps. I'm so tired and miserable and my chest hurts from the aspiration. I will look in to allergy testing!!

AmberDawnIsbell
on 3/18/19 9:41 am

I have already been revised to an rny micropouch in 2011.

AmberDawnIsbell
on 3/17/19 7:28 pm

Anyone ever get a PH study done?

Due to severe acid reflux and GERD the head of our bed is always about 6in elevated plus I TRY to sleep on two pillows.

After this morning's EGD the Dr. says:
My small intestines are pristine,
My micropouch is perfect
No hernia
My esophagus had a small amount of irritation, he took a biopsy

So WHY am I having severe acid as well as aspiration (infection/inflammation of the lungs was seen on a CT scan a few weeks ago) of acid into my lungs so often? Plus nausea all the time and even vomiting. I also have abdominal pain and diarrhea.

Y'all: I FEEL LIKE CRAP. IM SO TIRED. I haven't worked since 2/15 because of all this. I can't afford to be off and no income anymore.

I know none of us are doctors. I'm just looking for thoughts. Thank you everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views