Adam-RNY-Sep042019’s Posts

Adam-RNY-Sep04201

on 9/1/19 10:03 am
Topic: RE: Surgery on 9-4-19

New here. My RNY procedure is scheduled just a few days from now on September 4, 2019. I'm very nervous. Kinda second guessing myself thinking I need one more chance to loose the weight myself without the surgery. In June I first visited the surgeons office and weighed in at 283. I'm 5'10. This past Thursday on my last office visit before surgery, I weighed in at 271. I have been on Very low calorie diet of 800 calories a day. Today I switched to liquids only till surgery day. I just can't seem to get this in my head that I need to get this done and stop worrying about it despite the clear need for it. I'm type two diabetic with an insulin pump, high blood pressure, dead bladder, sleep apnea, AFIB, and a bunch of other crap from being overweight. To complicate things, I have a Nissan that was put in for avid reflux disease over ten years ago. The doctor has to reverse that before he can perform the RNY procedure. My spouse had the RNY procedure in 2006. He lost over 150 pounds and has kept it off. But it was a very bad road. He suffered from three heart attacks within 24 hours of the surgery because he had a bleed that caused his blood levels to go too low triggering the heart attacks. He had to be given blood and a lot of other crap. The doctor did not go back in to fix the bleed rather waited for the body to heal it naturally which took days. So I know this surgery can go wrong real quick. Sorry for rambling, just very very nervous.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views