Tinkbme64’s Posts

Tinkbme64
on 11/27/23 1:11 am
Topic: RE: OH Profiles

Thanks! I am so happy to be back! I remember when OH built its profiles by submitting each piece one at a time. I have missed so much.

Tinkbme64
on 11/26/23 8:30 pm
Topic: RE: OH Profiles

Hi! My name is Natalie Blaum. I have been a member of OH for over 20 years! I haven't logged on here in years. I lost my old profile information and pictures. Is there some way I can get my old account information? I really need to update my old account.

Tinkbme64
on 11/26/23 8:17 pm
Topic: RE: Good Sunday morning! What's on your menu?

Awesome choices!!
Today I started out with:

Fresh Fruit

Oatmeal W Splenda Brown Sugar, Salted Butter

and Milk

Premier Protein Shake

300 Calories

40 grams of protein

Nothing Feels Better Than the Way Thin Feels

Tinkbme64
on 10/28/23 9:27 pm
Topic: RE: My Decision.. My Life..

22 years ago I I took one last look at my family and was wheeled into a surgical suite to have Ruen Y Gastric Bypass. I made the decision after I became type 2 diabetic and passed out from a diabetic coma. I remember going to my PCP and felt really sick he took my sugar and it was over 300. He said let's get a weight on you. Welllll the scale would not even register my weight. So I'm the corner was this scale that looked like something from UPS .... I could feel my cheeks getting hot from embarrassment. At that time it read 402. I had a business suit on so he allowed for clothes. So I'm guessing I was 380. He looked at me and said you need to get this weight off or your kids will be burying you in 5 years. He handed me the business card of Dr, Neil Hutcher. The weight loss guru. He had made a name on TLC for doing gastric bypass on one of the heaviest people in the world. Well it did not take me 2 seconds...sign me up!!!!! I did do my homework and studied the lifestyle, prepared my house for when I got home. Well I took this very serious. I started out walking to my mail box week one after surgery, by month 3 I was down 100 pounds and running 5 miles a night. 30 min of cardio then dancing for 30 min. People think this is the easy way out. It's the hardest thing I ever done. My lowest weight was around 110 I was shooting for 105. I went to see my NP at the Gastric bypass office and she about fainted. She said omg are you eating.... of course I was. Well I was doing 3 protein shakes a day and my exercise routine was too much. She told me to gain 20

Pounds. 20 pounds!!!!!! No freakin way. I looked good, I died my hair blonde, men were giving me attention.... but one thing it did was break up my marriage. It's a fact that 40 % of marriages don't survive WLS. And it was my fault. But we won't get into that except to thank Doug Champion for pushing me to run harder, run faster. For catching my vomit.., which does come from the surgery if you over eat. I've been lucky , no complications.... I have maintained my weight, I'm 5.6 now due to my osteoporosis and 135 on my best days. Thanks to all my WLS friends for the fun we have had over the years. Time moves on and now we are the grand doms... leaving the new patients to the clubbing and clothes shopping. Thanks to my daughter for her encouragement. If I had one wi**** would be for my dad to have gotten to see my success. As 3 days before he died his last words to me were" I love you but your just so fat" 3 days later he died from a massive heart attack. Life goes on. I still watch what I eat. I'm thankful to God that this surgery was available to me. God speed to the new bees..... It's not for everyone. And to those that think your a failure because your not a size 6 . Your hero's for having the guts.....great pun... for even going through this. Thanks to all !!! It really is better to be healthy then eating that great big burger.... not saying I don't eat burgers. I just don't eat it all. Food is fuel. Now off to celebrate and remember our hero's.

Tinkbme64
on 10/6/23 9:08 pm
Topic: RE: How much can you lose in one year
  • First, Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. My starting weight was 356. I was able to lose 100 pounds in 4 months. I kept waiting for the weight loss to slow down. I went in for a check up and my doctor asked me what my eating habits were. I kept to at least 100 ounces of water. I made sure to get in 90 grams of protein. And I began walking which turned in to running . I learned that with my new stomach I was really dependent on my protein intake. At 1 year and 6 months I had reached what my doctor said was my goal weight. 150 pound's. Today I weigh 127. My surgery was in 2004. I've been lucky to have attended many OH conferences. I am now bariatric mentor. This surgery saved my life.
Tinkbme64
on 10/4/23 9:17 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Nectar protein is made by a company Syntrex. You can buy it on Amazon or go to Vitamin Shoppe. I mix Greek yogurt along with Almond milk . It's awesome. I've been using it since day 1.

My secrets.

I keep my metabolism going by my water intake. The first 5 years I was a gym rat. Now I walk at least 2 miles a day.

I give myself one favorite food a week. Low in fat just something I really love.

Keep my protein no less than 90 grams .

I never plateaued. Thank goodness. I lost weight quick. I don't know why . But I eat clean and love veggies. Raw or steamed.

Water + Protein +Exercise equals Weight loss

Tinkbme64
on 10/4/23 9:01 am

I took had mine done as open surgery. My doctor felt the same. He was one of the front liners in WLS surgery. I just felt safe with him . Here I am over 20 years post op. So glad I had this done. Congratulations to all !!

Tinkbme64
on 10/4/23 5:43 am

B- 2 hard boiled eggs

L- Protein Shake Nectars Caribbean Cooler, cheese and ham crackers one orange

D- Salmon baked , mashed cauliflower w asparagus

3 more protein shakes for snack

90 ounces of water

Protein no less than 70 grams

RNY May 25 1999

Pre Surgery weight 389

Current weight 125

Most Active
Recent Topics