rumar’s Posts

rumar
on 10/14/23 9:18 pm
Topic: RE: 5 Year Post Op Issues

Thanks for your response. Yes, the low iron and battle with getting protein as I stated is what I'm battling with as well. I just ordered a different bariatric multivitamin with iron that has more B1 vitamins to see if that helps with the itching. I don't have high prosperous (which is a sign of kidney issues????) or at least the bloodwork or the hospital didn't say anything about it. Thanks again and I wish you continued success!

rumar
on 10/14/23 9:14 pm

Thanks for your reply and I wish you continued success (and losing 15 lbs...you can do it).

rumar
on 10/14/23 8:46 am

Hello everyone. This message is for those 5-year post-op. It's been a while since I've been on this site, but what are some of the issues you are having at this point? I'm struggling with anemia and getting enough protein in. I don't know at this point if it is related but I also struggle with itching skin, especially feet and hands (B vitamins maybe??). I had gotten hooked on sugar for a minute and not being conscious of my eating but after a stint to the emergency room with a bacterial infection on my leg (Cellulitis - bacteria feeds on sugar), I gave it up now 3 weeks very little sugar. I've pretty much remained at about a 100 lb weight loss of which I hit about 6 months post op. My doctor was not concerned and said that's where my body wants to be and it's good as long as my numbers are good. No matter how much or little I eat, the scale will not budge, even after giving up sugar! I wear around a women's size 14 (from a size 24!!!). I know I need to go back for my annual visit but unfortunately, I lost my job a year ago and despite putting in hundreds of apps and having interviews, have not landed. I can't afford to go back yet. Anyway, how is everyone doing?