WLS and old fashioned fiance

SoniaB
on 1/29/07 4:32 pm - Windsor, Canada
Hi I am a newbie and I was wondering if any one has advice on WLS and an old fashioned person...Stereotypically old fashioned male...stubborn, hard working, aggressive, dedicated, respectful, not romantic, opinionated, etc I am wondering if any of the "bad things" will change and how WLS may affect our relationship. I am a strong independent woman and I know it all depends on each person as each person or spouse acts differently, but I am just looking for the maybes so I can somewhat prepare myself what to expect. ps we met on-line if that makes any difference - I guess this isn't so old fashioned
anagram
on 2/10/07 10:09 am - Orange Park, FL
I have a rather old fashioned fella.. We met on line also (it's the new era's bar I think) He's 11 years older than me and retired. He has been terrific!! We did have to have a talk about what motivates me and what doesn't so he could keep certain opinions to himself, but these type of guys are dependable. Jimmy went to the nutrition class with me, stayed with me at the hospital, made sure I got up and walked when I was supposed to, did everything around the house the 1st week we were home and walked with me every day around the neighborhood just to be sure I was okay. The biggest thing is their desire to "fix" things for you but he has chilled out as time has gone on and he sees I'm committed to doing this. (Good thing cause I told him I had one nerve left and he was getting on it...lol) It'll be okay as long as you keep those communication lines open... p.s. when's the wedding?
SoniaB
on 2/14/07 7:28 pm - Windsor, Canada
Thank you, so sorry it has been awhile I've been really sick for some reason...I've had an ongoing infection almost every where since I have had the flu. I went through back surgery and he helped me quite a bit...he even wiped my butt when needed. He is very helpful with things I can not do and will not let me just sit around, because he knows I have to be active even if it is painful; however he has the attitude of an old fashioned man that a woman should stay home clean, cook and be pregnant...thank God I am a red head He won't really talk to me about the surgery though...I think he might be scared and always says it's your decision and I'll support you know matter what you decide. He is also a NewFoundlander and talks a lot!!!!! He works hard, but when it comes time to help at home he finds it very difficult, like taking 3 weeks to help with dishes, but he does vaccuum and washes the floor for me, because of my back surgery these are things I just can't do. There is so much about him and he is living in the past, so I know him well enough to know he is scared of me leaving him or becoming unfaithful and there is no way I can convince him apart from time. As for the wedding we are hoping in two years or less...depending on the finances, because his parents are both disabled and retired so they can't afford to fly here, which is an $800 plane ticket, not to mention accomodations....oh and his father has 3 teenagers and he is 67! With my family I have way a lot of cousins and second cousins I am all close to...the wedding won't be very big, but there are so many expenses now I am not sure when we can get married, plus he has a problem with spending more than $500 on a ring lol... GRRR!
Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5264 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5950 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7145 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6890 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6929 views