Seeking suggestions for after my WLS..

Gwen S.
on 3/4/08 4:03 am - east of West Michigan, MI
Hi! I am glad to have found this board. I have read some of the posts and am glad to read views from the other side. I am anticipating having WLS in April. My conundrum is that I feel that DH & I are both walking time bombs. I am morbidly obese without any major health issues where DH is within his ideal weight range, but has high cholesterol and I am also worried about sleep apena. He is reluctant to seek any medical (or dental) help until he has issues. He is a junk food junkie. He is a big eater for his stature (5'5" at the most). He goes thru fast food with-drawls. The only major thing I have been able to do to improve his diet is get him from whole milk to 2%. He is pretty picky - ok VERY picky - when it comes to healthy food. He will not budge on giving up his white bread. He loves fried food and candy. Peppermint Patties and pretzels are what he considers 'diet food'. He has a great metabolism and up until 4 yrs ago had never gained weight. He is quite laid back, but works to get things done when needed. I.E. - Chores around the house that he can not procrastinate on any more. His typical day at home is waking up figuring out when he is going to take his nap, planning lunch while eating breakfast, napping, planning dinner while eating lunch, resting, planning per-bedtime snack while eating dinner, resting and eating before going to bed. (which more times than not is 2 chocolate chip cookies and and a large glass of milk) I think his diet adds to his sluggishness and to his difficulty sleeping. My question is how do I help him pursue a healthier lifestyle? Or try to open his mind to it? Is there any posts or suggested reading for me or him? I have told him that my WLS will very likely impact him. Some if his favorite food will probably be off the menu (or grocery list). I want him to be healthy for our family as much as for him. I am afraid that him continuing to eat the garbage he does may put more strain on our marriage. TIA Gwen
Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5264 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5950 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7145 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6889 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6929 views