I am New here and Have 13 tatts and questions... HELP!!!

DYING_2_B_THYN
on 4/26/08 4:26 pm - Joplin, MO
Hello, I am new here and want to say hey and I LOVE the fact that the INK bug loves me!! LOL. I have some pics up of me and my ink, the question is about a lotus flower on my breast ( not sure if the pic is up, I will look and if it isnt then I will put it up) and the stars with the name of my kids and husband. I am pre op and wanting to get them finished in June. I am worried that the lotus is going to look all crazy after I lose weight I am currently wearing a FF bra and afraid I am going to lose so much weight that I will have a deformed ink spot on there and on my neck. The stars with the names are located directly under my left earlobe and wraps around the back of my neck to my right earlobe, very big stars. They are going to be made into shooting stars with some middle sized and small sized stars ( not shooting ) with star dust and lots of colors from, blues, yellow., pink , peach, purples.. u name it I am worried tho cuz I dont have saggy skin now on my neck area, but could and dont want them looking craaazy! Does anyone have any opinions? I am about 320 and want to get about 150. I am not wanting to mess up my neck, but I really want to do it soon too. I may just have to ask the surgeon, but if anyone has any ideas, please message me...Thanks~Lo
Sarelora
on 4/27/08 3:13 am - CA
Hello and welcome! There are others here with more experience on the subject (I don't have any neck tattoos)...but I can share that a surgical scare I had on my neck has shifted a good two inches south and is about 2/3 the original size. I started at 310 and am 160 now, so we are in the same ballpark. My neck is much thinner than I ever expected. I would suggest holding off for now - maybe add some ink in a different spot that will be less effected? If you do decide to wait and you don't like how your stars end up, you can add some new features to the star shape and the "shooting" and "star dust" aspects to adjust for deviations in your original work. These are just my 2cents worth...whatever you decide I am sure will work best for you! Sare p.s. Your work looks great and your kids are beautiful!
stitch0102
on 4/28/08 3:28 am - Jersey Shore, PA
A couple of mine have shrunk a bit. Personally, I would wait until you get down a hundred or so. That should be at a point where your neck has stabalized a bit. I know what it's like having to wait for ink, but it will be worth it in the end. No sense in getting inked if it isn't going to look good.
g1rl 0n f1re
on 4/28/08 7:55 am - City of Angels, CA
I'd hold off til you've lost MOST of your weight.... wait and see where everything ends up first...lol xxxBecca
Most Active
Recent Topics
Tattooed: share your story?
Bette B. · 0 replies · 981 views
Nervous
ElizabethAshleigh · 1 replies · 471 views
NEW TATTOOED CHICKEY!!!!
Dollface-1981 · 4 replies · 649 views
Medical Alert Tattoo
Cocobean · 0 replies · 503 views