Tat question...

Rianne D.
on 5/20/08 2:12 pm - MO
Okay, so here's my dilemna (sp?)... I had my surgery 10 months ago and have since lost 114 lbs...YAYYYY ME!! Anywho, I've always wanted a tat of a butterfly on my lower back and I really want to get it next week when I am honeymooning in Vegas (getting married in 7 days!).... 1) Do you think I should wait to get it since I will be having kids someday (in a year or two or three or four)? 2) I hope to maybe have a TT someday (after I have kids...so WAY off in the future) and I don't want that to screw up the tat either.... someone help me! LOL I'm so confused.... oh, and 3) I'm so terrified it's going to hurt and I'll look like a huge wussy in front of the tat person....any suggestions?
stitch0102
on 5/20/08 10:09 pm - Jersey Shore, PA
I would think that getting your tat toward the center of your lower back would be OK. If you don't have a lot of loose skin now it shouldn't stretch that much. Having plastics done shouldn't effect it as much there. Yes, it may hurt a bit. You're having a needle piercing your skin. But that's the price we pay. Generally, the more underlying fat, etc. the less the pain.
Arin B.
on 5/21/08 6:33 am
It hurts no matter what. Thats just all there is to it. I yelled once when I got my new one on my foot. Hurt way worse than my back though... The lower back should not be affected by having kids. At least, I dont think it will. I have one on my lower back, and have no had kids. As for the TT...I think it depends on the level of skin you have all the way around. Some people who get a circumfrential (sp) have a scar all the way around, and even with a lower body lift it is a much larger scar. I dont know for sure, but I think with the regualr old abdominoplasty the scar is generally, not alway**** to hip and would not have any effect on your back tattoo... So, if I were you, I would go for it So fun. You have to share pics when you get back. I hope you have an amazing wedding, and super fun honeymoon too! Lots of pics even if you dont get the tattoo, k? Congrats!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Tattooed: share your story?
Bette B. · 0 replies · 981 views
Nervous
ElizabethAshleigh · 1 replies · 471 views
NEW TATTOOED CHICKEY!!!!
Dollface-1981 · 4 replies · 649 views
Medical Alert Tattoo
Cocobean · 0 replies · 503 views