My Journey Tat!

Bonnie R.
on 2/9/05 10:38 am - Amarillo, TX
I had decided back when I started my WLS journey, that when I ..if I ever reached my -100lbs goal, I would get a tattoo. Since JOURNEY is my life (see my profile, Im obsessed) and I adopted a mantra of "Dont Stop Believin" I decided that my tattoo should include my love for the band, the music and the belief that I can be healthier again! So at the ripe ol age of 44 I took the plunge and got a beautiful tattoo of a winged scarab beetle (Journey's logo) which also means "rebirth" in Egyptian with the inscription of "Dont Stop Believin" below it. It took 3 hours and lots of ink...I LOVE IT! My Tat guy is not done with it yet, he still has some purples & lavander shading to go around it and some darkening of the letters to finish up. I get so many compliments on it when I wear a tanktop or a low neckline shirt. Im already thinking of what my 2nd tat is going to be...they're addicting! Bonnie Journey Freak "Dont Stop Believin" 306/190/170 -116lbs check out my tat~ http://www.picturetrail.com/love2jeep
KathyB1971
on 2/10/05 5:33 am - Lyndhurst, NJ
Bonnie, That is an absolutely gorgeous tattoo!! I am still pre op but I love tattoos. I just happened to get my first on 12/19. I had wanted one since I was 4 !!! Mine is a claddaugh on my chest right above where my cleavage starts. I also can't wait to get more !! I will post a pic of it when I figure out how to LOL Kathy
MagickalMom
on 2/10/05 5:40 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
LOVE THE TAT!!! It is so beautiful, Can't wait to see it when it is finished! Let us know when the new ink is finished! Jamie
JaniceEstel
on 2/16/05 12:18 am - Medford, WI
Bonnie, The tattoo is fantastic! I've been trying to decide what to get next for a celebration. My daughter is a tattooist altho she prefers to do the cosmetic stuff like eyebrows and eyeliner, but she does very nice work. I have a dreamcatcher on my right calf that I totally adore. I was 34 when I got my first tattoo, and I think I'll be lookin' for more when they close the lid on me. Your dogs are something else, too. Irish wolfhounds, right? I love them. My neighbor had one and I fell in love with her. I'd love to have one. Can't fit one in my house, tho, with 2 Bostons, 1 black lab, and 1 collie lab mix and four cats, 1 husband and 1 son. Enjoy your ink! Best, Janice
raspberrycreame
on 2/20/05 6:13 am - hastings, MI
I love your tat...myself I am addicted to them having 5 of them so far... I didnt think about doing one to commemorate when and if all goes well for surgery and weight loss...I will have to give some thought to this...as I love teddy bears 4 out of the 5 are one is a tribal butterfly on a rose...you and your tat are beautiful....congrats
Most Active
Recent Topics
Tattooed: share your story?
Bette B. · 0 replies · 981 views
Nervous
ElizabethAshleigh · 1 replies · 471 views
NEW TATTOOED CHICKEY!!!!
Dollface-1981 · 4 replies · 651 views
Medical Alert Tattoo
Cocobean · 0 replies · 503 views