Getting a tattoo

Just P
on 6/23/05 4:15 am - DC
I have been thinking about getting a tattoo for over a month now and I have finally made the decision to do it on July 5. I found a place I am confortable with, but I was wondering! have anyone heard of them charging by the hour. They charge 100 by the hour! What if it does not take an hour. The tattoo I chose should not take an hour. All the other shops quote a flat rate. The person who is doing my tattoo seen to be experienced and have been doing tattoo for 20 years.
CJisME
on 6/24/05 3:49 am - Inkland USA, CA
I have 9 tattoos myself and I have heard of places charging by the hour. It is very common. Alot of places charge a flat rate but I have been to shops where they cahrge hourly. $100 an hour is a good price. Hope this helps and I would like to see a picture of your tattoo when it is finished. Take care.
cactusracer
on 7/4/05 11:26 pm - Marion, MS
I have several tattoo's and they usually go with a set price. Stephanie
Phoenix
on 7/6/05 8:11 am - Bellport, NY
I have heard of places doing both, charging flat rates and flat hourly fees. I have 5 the last one was for my b-day, that one took the longest to do and is a unique design, it is also the most expensive one. Good luck with yours.
Just P
on 7/8/05 1:21 am - DC
Thanks for the responses. I got my tattoo. Did not hurt as bad as I thought! Actually it was a breeze with little pain. I can not wait to it heal.
sara G.
on 7/10/05 5:47 pm - woodland, CA
they should also have a minium charge , if it's under an hour , or if its really small they will charge the minimum fee or something under 100 xo
Most Active
Recent Topics
Tattooed: share your story?
Bette B. · 0 replies · 981 views
Nervous
ElizabethAshleigh · 1 replies · 471 views
NEW TATTOOED CHICKEY!!!!
Dollface-1981 · 4 replies · 651 views
Medical Alert Tattoo
Cocobean · 0 replies · 503 views