Wanting my 2nd tat and have a question

baduguid
on 8/22/05 11:45 am - Utica, NY
Hello everyone! I'm new to this board. I had my surgery 05/05/05 and have lost 115 lbs (42 lbs prior) . I promised myself once I lost the first 100 lbs that I would get my second tattoo but I'm having a dilemma! My cousin (who's also had WLS) informed me that the butterfly is the symbol of WLS. Is this true? I was going to get two roses on my left shoulder blade to represent my two sons' birthstones but now I'm thinking I like the butterfly idea! If anyone knows please enlighten me! Thanks for the info! Barb 342/227/hoping for 160
Stacey S.
on 8/22/05 11:57 pm - Albertville, MN
Hello... I haven't heard this either, but would be interesting to know. I agree with Sunny. Do the rose thing now...for your sons. I think that is a wonderful idea. You could always do the butterfly tat down the road. Stacey P.s. Congrats on the awesome weight loss!
Kim M.
on 8/23/05 10:22 am - Auburn, WA
I had not heard that the butterfly is the official tattoo of WLS but I did have mine done for one major reason. I felt that it represented what I had gone through ---- first I was the fat caterpillar and now I am more like a pretty butterfly. It could be the change that people go through and that a butterfly goes through that started the association. I agree with someone else's post -- get what YOU want -- you are the one who has to live with it, but as a suggestion - have the tattoo artist pen the two roses and have a butterfly (if you want to) just above them -- it could signify your two boys and you watching over them, changing your life so that you could be everything for them -- I know from experience that it is hard to play with kids at 300+ pounds -- There you go my two cents!!! Kim
baduguid
on 8/24/05 11:18 am - Utica, NY
Kim, Thank for the suggestion. I love your idea!!! Since I want this to be my last tat I'm thinking that combining the two would be great!! Barb
Kim M.
on 8/29/05 1:21 pm - Auburn, WA
I am glad that you liked my idea! If you get it done I would love to see it! Best wishes! Kim
Cheetah
on 9/26/05 1:34 pm - Virginia, VA
Ive never heard of that.... But then again, I dont know everything lololol I do have a butterfly on my left shoulder... to me it was to represent me coming out of my cocoon and starting to live life.... I think alot has done it for the same reason..... Howabout if you get your roses the way you want and put a tiny butterfly on one of the roses... Your the one that has to live with it... Get what you want!!!!!!! Shelia 240/110
Most Active
Recent Topics
Tattooed: share your story?
Bette B. · 0 replies · 981 views
Nervous
ElizabethAshleigh · 1 replies · 471 views
NEW TATTOOED CHICKEY!!!!
Dollface-1981 · 4 replies · 651 views
Medical Alert Tattoo
Cocobean · 0 replies · 503 views