getting family member name

catmomma3
on 8/31/05 11:25 pm - ~*~*~*~*, MN
Question for you...if you were getting your Dad's name or Grandpa or Mom for example. Would you use their first name or what they were to you... Grandpa or William, Dad or David for example. Just wondering what others have done
RN
on 9/7/05 8:54 pm - Muskegon, MI
I don't have any "name" tattoo's but if I were to get one I would use "grandpa" or "dad" and so on. Just my thoughts.
Mustang
on 9/18/05 7:41 am - Bristol, CT
I know you asked this a little while ago, but I'm responding now...I have a tat on my leg of a wolf howling...with my Dad's initials underneath it. When my Dad died in June of 2000; my mother, sister and I started seeing wolves everywhere...in looking up what they meant in dreams and such, it is thought by Native Americans that the spirit of the wolf pack leader would always return to watch over his "pack"...so on the one year anniversary of Daddy's death, I got the wolf with Daddy's initials under it. I have a tat on my low back, just got it on September 5th...it's of a butterfly (I know...cliche around here; but oh well) with tribal vines coming out of the sides...the butterfly signifying my WLS and escaping the ****oon of MO and the vines signifying growing as a person. So...the long and the short answer to your question, is go ahead and get Grampa's name or initials...whatever is special to you!! Have a Sparkling Day!! Mustang
paladin
on 9/24/05 4:48 pm - Fort Leavenworth, KS
I would stick with the general names i.e. grandpa, dad, mom... I am going to be getting my childerns names done one my twins are born.
Cheetah
on 9/26/05 1:26 pm - Virginia, VA
I would like to have my kids names put around my butterfly tatt.... with that one I would use their names... I have a friend that did put his mom and dad's names on his tatt.. its a cross, in memory of them because they have passed on.. But I like the ideal of Mom & Dad ... like you called them... I mean you never called them by their first names.... Shelia 240/110
Most Active
Recent Topics
Tattooed: share your story?
Bette B. · 0 replies · 981 views
Nervous
ElizabethAshleigh · 1 replies · 471 views
NEW TATTOOED CHICKEY!!!!
Dollface-1981 · 4 replies · 651 views
Medical Alert Tattoo
Cocobean · 0 replies · 503 views