Life is WONDERFUL after WLS

Ncriado
on 2/14/04 2:34 am - Baltimore, MD
Just thought I would send some encouragement to Pre-Op teens out there. I had Lap RNY 9 months ago. Since then I've lost 103 pounds...still losing. I'd just like to say that life is so amazing since surgery. I'd been heavy my entire life, and never got to feel "normal". I was always embarassed of my weight and school was just horrible. I dreamed of being thin and beautiful and getting to wear the cute outfits all the other girls did. I was one of those that let my weight affect all aspects of my life. I didn't feel that I was worthy of friendship, was constantly afraid others were as embarrassed to be seen with me as I was of myself. Now, after losing 100+ I feel "normal". I feel like the girl that i've always been on the inside. I don't feel judged and that others are constantly looking ridiculing me. I feel up to dating! I'm 19 and have never even held hands with a guy! I feel like I've broken out of my shell and have my entire life ahead of me. Looking into the mirror is a whole new phenomenon. Who IS that girl? She looks thin! This will definately take some getting used to, but I look forward to every minute! Wishing everyone the best of luck on their journey! ~Natalie Lap RNY 5/12/03 269/166/130 5'3 19 years old.
Amy W.
on 2/14/04 12:02 pm - Buckeye, AZ
That is SOOOOOOOO wonderful!!!!!! I pray to have a similar experience with the whole surgery thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ryan B.
on 2/16/04 12:33 pm - Capitol Heights, MD
Natalie, that is do GREAT!!! I'm happy for. I'm not actually a teen, 22, but I still consider myself young. I had surgery on Feb. 3. I don't know how much I've lost, but I'll find out Fri.!
Most Active