The worst thing about being a fat girl is...

megganmurphy
on 3/3/04 3:49 am - Evans, GA
I've got it! The worst thing EVER...at least for me... The strech-marks! ugh! yuck!
briddlelucia
on 3/9/04 3:49 am - Studio City, CA
i have a couple 1. the size of underwear and the look of them... 2. small children saying rude things to you 3. The tiny girls that work at the plus size stores 4. The ugly old women clothes with no style at the plus size stores 5. at friend's houses during dinner always getting asked if you want more food or another helping 6. people saying oh well youre a big girl ....AHAHHA lol 7. people thinking that overweight people are stupid 8. The male jerks who call overweight women names and degrade them. (the funny thing is that most of the time these guys aren't all that anyways)
briddlelucia
on 3/9/04 3:55 am - Studio City, CA
Oh I just thought of others.... there's a story behind this... I was on study abroad in Mexico for 6 months.. I wasn't as big as I was now but still pretty thick. So I went to a friends house. Her mother asked me what type of food I liked. Then said with a straight face, "I bet you don't like fruit or vegetables only sweets and fatty foods". Honestly it took me alot not to tell this woman off. But I actually just gave her an evil look and that was enough. Another is that the guys think because Im big they can take advantage of me
Michelle S.
on 3/9/04 5:32 am - St augustine, FL
How about wearing Shirts or those cute sweats with writings on them such as cutie , and instead of looking like a shirt or just a pair of pants it looks more like a billboard....
Michelle P.
on 3/17/04 10:16 am - columbus, OH
~+~ having people say "ur not fat" then turing around and their siaze 0 self say i cant eat im fat. ~+~ Sorry mama you cant fit on this ride ~+~ not having clothes you like in plus sizes. ~+~ guys who say they just wanna be friends because ur over weight ~+~ wearing a seat belt ~+~ gym class ( im ganna die in there one day) ~+~ going for a walk that turns into you seating on the ground for 10 mins after every 30 steps ~+~ walkign to get on/ off the bus and ur hip**** the seats. ~+~ trying on bathing suits ~+~ looking in the mirror ~+~hearing little kids say "GOSH SHE IS HUGE!!!" ~+~ not being albe to play with little sis/bros cousins/ neices nefews. ~+~ being the only one who dont have a b/f ~+~ people saying your gay just because you dont have a b/f. ~+~ walking from one end of the school to get to class and loosing ur breath. ~+~ going to the grocery store n buyign the food. ~+~ looking at alol the cute lil outfits ur friends wear knowing you cant. ~+~ being in a room full of skinny people. ~+~ getting in pools ~+~ swings that hurt your butt. ~+~ getting stuck on slides ~+~ not being able to play sports ~+~ weighing your self/ people weighing you. ~+~ taking pictures ~+~ trying to find shirts with differnt bands on them n the biggest the got is XL. ~+~ people who consider anyting from size 12-18 plus size. ( if thats so what am i an extented plus size. ~+~ not being able to buy knee high boots. ~+~ getting in mosh pit people think ur crazy because of how big u r. ~+~ going to the mall ~+~ being made fun of. and the list goes on but its all WAY WAY TOO MUCH to type ~~!!~~ i have found a couple good things for me ++Getting outa push ups hard gym stunts. ++being on time to class ++people afrid to fight you. ++not having to carrie books because they weigh alot n having back problems. xMichellEx
Michelle S.
on 3/17/04 11:24 am - St augustine, FL
Hey Michelle. Something you mentioned was eye catching to me... (~+~hearing little kids say "GOSH SHE IS HUGE!!!") That happens to me a lot. A few years ago I was walking, holding my boyfriends hand and his little brother came up and was like " Eddie is this your g/f?" Of course he said yes, and then his brother responded. She's HUGE! 4 of you couldn't make up the size of her. Let me tell you I wanted to cry. Our relationship didn't last too long, not to mention the fact it was like a junior high thing. I was just too scared I'd embarrass him.... Looking on the good side of things as of now I've been with my current boyfriend for 2 1/2 years. BUT he has a little brother and sister, so I am SO scared to meet them not knowing what they are going to say. (Previous experience in that situation doesn't help any) I've been with him that long and I wont even meet his family because I am so embarrassed!!!! Anyway. I'm 16 over weight and miserable. If you care to talk some more my AIM screen name is : MikexnxShell or Prob13mChild... Email : [email protected] Ttyl.
Ella K.
on 3/20/04 3:30 am - Lalalala, CA
-Always concern about how much your butt moves when you walk -Not wanting to wear certain clothes because they make you look even bigger -Going to family get-to-gethers and have them all think "how could she possibly be related to US?" -(for me..) Being with my dad when he runs into people and not being introduced, probably because he doesnt want them to know I'm his daughter -Not having a boyfriend -Not being considered for any jobs just because they dont want an over-weight person working for them -Getting into small vehicles and having them actually RISE when you get out of them. -.-; -Your feet get bigger to become proportionate to your weight -You get back aches -You get hot easily and it's hard to cool off again -Not wanting to sit on flimsy looking chairs/benches or other assorted furniture because you're afraid it might collapse -Going to the dentist because you have to lay on that tiny chair -Going through those little rotating metal bars they have at some parks, or department stores only because it's hard to fit through them -Cant wear certain jewelry because your neck is too chubby, your hands are too pudgy, or your ankles are too thick -Your thighs being too close together, sometimes resulting in having to buy new pants sooner -.- -Wishing summer was over just so you can bundle up and wear long sleeves again
Ella K.
on 3/20/04 3:57 am - Lalalala, CA
Ah, I just thought of some more..lol -Wanting a booth when you go out to eat because the chairs are all too small -Not being able to "fully" bend arms and legs -Going to the doctor's office because you know they're going to weigh you (and it's always this tiny 100lb assistant and she jots it down on her little clipboard and you KNOW what she is thinking. lol) -When you go to the grocery store, and they look at you, then look at what kind of food your buying -When you start to order something at a resteraunt and the waiter/tress gives you a look like they're prepared for you to eat the entire establishment and all it's occupants -Having guy friends and not even wanting to hang out with them anymore just because you feel like the goodyear blimp next to them -(for me) Not even wanting to take my little brother out to the pool because I feel uncomfortable out there, fully clothed in the hot sun with all the little teenyboppers running around in their two pieces :/ -(for me again) I went to McDonalds and ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and they said to me, "Okay, and you want that Super-Sized, right?" I wanted to make him eat the cash register...lol -Not being able to bend over all the way >
Amanda G.
on 4/1/04 3:53 am - Akron, OH
I just found this forum. I decided to read this post because I thought "No one could feel the way I do, it's probably just because they can't buy cute clothes or something..." I am crying now, after reading everyone's responses. I thought it was me, I thought I was the only one who settled because I thought that I couldn't do any better. I feel like no one cares if I even come out of the house. My friends would always ask me "why don't you want to come on the rollercoaster with us, we thought you LOVED roller coasters?!" Being embarrassed to even tell them "Hello! I can't do that! I'm fat!" Having tv actors make fun of you, and other overweight people, like on SNL or MAD TV. Being labeled and put into a group. No one understanding you. The people you look up to, and your family members clicking their tounges when they see you after a long time, and they see that you have gained weight. Feeling unlovable. Being so thirsty for a man's attention, taking the first one that comes along. Always having that thought in the back of your head, that the reason someone said no, or didn't pick you for a team, or doesn't talk to you, or looks at you funny, is because of your weight. And knowing, that that's why. Being ashamed to be around other people who are overweight. Always looking for someone bigger than you. Knowing that the best years of your life you have spent fat, that you know that you have missed out on so much... Oh, and so many many more.
Most Active