The worst thing about being a fat girl is...

megganmurphy
on 2/23/04 5:54 am - Evans, GA
OK ladies...let's keep this post going...I'd love to hear all your responses. 1.) Shopping in plus-size WOMEN's stores. 2.) Low self-esteem 3.) Craving attention from guys. 4.) ??
glfromast
on 2/23/04 10:40 am - patchogue, ny
4} Not being able to fit into the seats (the ones attached to the desks) at school.
jens985
on 2/25/04 2:58 am - Minnetonka, MN
Not fitting in seats at schoo (or in the theater, booths, etc, etc) Wearing clothes because they fit, not because I like them The STAIRS and STARES! both are so annoying!
savetheclowns
on 2/25/04 4:44 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
8. Not wanting to go to Amusement parks with my friends, because I cant fit in the seats on the ride 9. clothes.....UGH! they never fit right
mars.renee
on 2/26/04 2:51 am - Jacksonville, FL
I made a full list on my profile like this. I'm not a teen anymore, but what the hey? I was last year! lol I would say... Ridicule from other people Not being able to cross your legs (maybe you don't have this problem, but I do) Worrying about what everyone else thinks about me instead of how I feel about myself Cutting yourself short. Never doing the adventures you want to do for fear of your weight.
Amy W.
on 2/26/04 5:17 am - Buckeye, AZ
14.) always having to tug at your shirts because your always worried about the rolls looking more defined. 15.)Always having to suck it in alittle.(stomach) 16.)Feeling like you dont belong. 17.)Feelings of embarassment. 18.)Feelings that people are embarassed to be seen with you in public. 19.)You see a really cute shirt, but when you put it on, its not cute anymore because of the rolls and buldges. 20.)People treat you way different. 21.)People think your lazy and discusting. 22.)Always trying to be less noticable.
Meghan R.
on 3/1/04 3:22 am - Tinley Park, IL
I'm not a teen anymore, but I'm 23, so this is the closest to my age...and believe me, I know how all of you feel... 22.) Dating a guy jus because he's the one who liked you, not because you liked him 23.) other people taking advantage of you because you're too afraid to say no 24.) people not talking to you because of your weight 25.) being called "mam" at the store....grrrrrr!!! and all the things you listed..plus more..
megganmurphy
on 3/2/04 3:36 am - Evans, GA
here's some more: ~having to sit so far away from the steering wheel b/c your belly hits it. ~feeling self-conscious eating in public. ~analyzing if your butt will fit into a seat before you actually sit down. ~getting winded from walking. ~people saying, "your face is so pretty!" ~not being able to shop with your friends. ~being afraid to fly somewhere b/c of needing to sit in those tiny seats. ~always comparing yourself to other girls/women. ~standing up from just taking a bath and the water rushes toward the drain like the release of the Panama Canal! ~having people think that you're not clean just b/c your fat. ~being afraid to dance b/c it will draw more attention to your body.
Amy W.
on 3/2/04 2:10 pm - Buckeye, AZ
Oh my gosh! I HATE when people think overweight people are dirty or "smell" or somthing just because their bigger!!!!! I always smell VERY good!!! I HATE when people just assume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!
Michelle S.
on 3/3/04 5:47 am - St augustine, FL
I can totally relate to everything that is said. I am originally from Long Island N.Y and it was pretty rough. Not only was i the only white girl in the neighborhood but also one of the heavy girls. For the first time , coming on here has helped me because i thought no one understood what i was going through. Every word that was said i can relate to it's amazing. I thought moving to Florida would help me. But it hasnt at all. Im constantly cutting corners to get away from the people who are always at that one corner who say something or just stare. Im tired of it. Im a person as well as all of you. There is no need for the staring. If any one cares to reply to me or talk , my Email is [email protected] and screen name is Prob13mChild or Xosuicidal1oX
Most Active