MTV True Life

lilkim2180
on 7/2/04 6:46 am - Eastern LI, NY
Thanks goes to Corey, Who showed a young generation of people from all walks of life what it means to be real, be yourself, and be honest and open to something that hurts in your own life. Your story showed people of our generation that we struggle too and we have feelings too. I know you are now approved so Congrats and God Bless. You are an inspiration! Dont forget to keep us updated! -KIM
Amy W.
on 7/2/04 12:15 pm - Buckeye, AZ
Corey comes on this board? or am i just pulling that out of my kaboose?! lol!! Oh my gosh, when i was watching the show, i sat and cried! It was So inspirational! I CANT WAIT TO HAVE SURGERY!!!!!! ~Amy
Ncriado
on 7/2/04 12:57 pm - Baltimore, MD
Corey is on obesityhelp...I don't know if he checks this board. I, for one, was APPAULED at his portrayal of WLS. WLS is absolutely not some magic fix that is going to 'do it for him' as he put it. A complete commitment needs to happen, with both a strict diet and exercise program. I'm 14 months post-op and can eat whatever I want, whenever I want. I need to CHOOSE the correct foods, it is just as hard for me as it is anyone else. I also drag my ass to the gym each and every day whether I like it or not. That's just the commitment I made. I thought I would forever be limited on my food intake and would never be able to eat sugar or fat again. Well, low and behold, I only dump on ALOT of sugar, and can basically eat normal sized portions, and can pu**** if I want to. Honestly, I wish I had never had this surgery. I wish I had made this much of a commitment WITHOUT it, because I think I could have had the same result in the long run. I hate that my insides are rearranged. I hate that I need to take a slew of vitamins everyday for the rest of my life. However I accept it, and I've moved on. I make my pouch work for me, or I beat it. I hope this shed some light on teens wishing for this surgery. Natalie
Most Active