i know there's a dr out there.

kathie W.
on 7/2/04 10:11 am - douglassville, PA
My daughter is looking for a dr who will do wls at age 17. All the Drs in our area say she needs to wait another year. Shes ready now. I had the surgery 11 months ago. She has learned what to expect from watching me. She has also watched as the pounds came off and a new person took over the space where her fat mom use to be. We're in Reading,pa area. If anyone can help...please answer us back. chattykathie
Jennifer B.
on 7/2/04 12:38 pm - Lenoir, NC
I dont know any doctors up there because i live in NC but sometimes if you can get a doctor to recommend you for the surgery they can find someone to do it. I got recommended and i am going to Duke hospital to talk about it to a doctor, i am not approved yet. i am 15. Hope you find someone! Jennifer
Ncriado
on 7/2/04 12:58 pm - Baltimore, MD
I know my surgeon has done patients who are 17. He is located in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Michael Schweitzer.
Wendy P.
on 7/5/04 7:39 am - Wharton, NJ
RNY on 05/17/04 with
Hi Kathy.... I'm not a teenager, but I was just reading this board to see how all the teens out there are dealing with this. I just had my surgery on May 17 and I am 24 years old. I know that I could have had it done YEARS ago, but I wasn't really ready until now. You aren't too far from where I am, and my doctor was Dr. Hans Schmidt...only thing is....he's in Hackensack. It was a ride for me, but I was comforted knowing that he's the best in the area. He started the sugery in New Jersey actually. He's fantastic. You may want to look into him. And HUMC, the hosptial he works out of is the best in the area for the surgery. They have a fantastic bariatric unit. If you need any more info, please feel free to contact me. Good Luck... Wendy
giggles83
on 7/12/04 11:11 am - Clarion, PA
I dont know if my doctor has an age limit but she is really really incredible. I was 18 when I went to see her but by the time I had the actual surgery I was 19. She works out of McGee Women's Hospital in Pittsburgh.
giggles83
on 7/12/04 11:13 am - Clarion, PA
Sorry I think I was 19 and 20 when i had the surgery
Most Active