Aetna (HMO)

Samantha C.
on 7/11/04 1:41 pm - Bay Area, CA
Hey everyone out there. My mom and I are discussing my likely hood of being authoritized by our insurance company. I have no severe co-morbidities, depression and leg problems. Well and history of diabities in our family. Do any of you have Aetna HMO?! or do you know anyone?! how did it go?! were they/you denied at first?! Thanks for reading.
Brea D.
on 7/20/04 4:50 pm - Reno, NV
i heard that if u were depressed, they deny.... (((Then again, i just HEARD)))
Amy W.
on 7/21/04 12:18 pm - Buckeye, AZ
MIchelle Santos Aetna. Well, she did. But i think her dad changed it to BC/BS or somthing like that. she didnt apply for surgery yet, but u can talk to her about it!!!! she writes on these boards too!!!! ~Amy
Christiana C.
on 7/30/04 7:08 am - Manassas, VA
Hey Samantha, I got approved by Aetna (HMO) at the beginning of June and my surgery is in a week and a half (so excited!). Aetna took 7 weeks, and I bugged them almost everyday after the third week. I also had no co-morbidities except knee pain, and depression (I would no mention the depression though, because they will make you undergo psych evaluations). Anyways, get a good letter from your PCP, and be persistent with Aetna. You pay for the insurance get your moneys worth. Also they do want proff of a supervised diet for a t least 6 months, I was able to use my Weigh****chers reciepts. Well I will quit rambling good luck to you and if want to know anything else, email me. Christy [email protected] (703)393-7681
Amy W.
on 8/1/04 8:29 am - Buckeye, AZ
Samantha, it doesnt matter if your depressed or not(what obese person isnt?) Anyways, NO surgeon will let you have surgery with out a psychiatric evaluation. NO SURGEON!!!!!!!!! So dont start lieing and/or holding stuff back. You have to get a psych eval regardless or anything.The surgeons HAVE to make sure that your emotionally stable and willing to make a leftime commitment. ~Amy
Christiana C.
on 8/4/04 3:35 am - Manassas, VA
Actually not every surgeon makes you undergo pshycological evaluation, only if you really need it. All I was saying is that Aetna told me that they do not consider that a co-morbidity, and that it can with Aetna affect the outcome of the approval, or denial. Samantha I recommend that if you are depressed you see a therapist independent of your surgeon, that way it doesn't affect your approval, but you do get help. Plus, you can be comfortable with the doctor you get. And Amy you haven't dealt with Aetna so I wouldn't be giving advise without know what you are talking about Christy
Most Active