Newbie!!!!!!!!

Heavyd822
on 7/19/04 10:07 am - Staten Island, NY
Lap Band on 07/25/05 with
Hi Everyone, My name is Daniel Castro and I am new to this board. I am 15 years old turning 16 next month and have been battling with my weight all my life. I live in Staten Island, NY and I weigh 360 pounds. If anyone as any info on surgeons please let me know! I really dont know to many surgeons that perform WLS on teens. My mother had surgery done in Jan 2003 and she 165 pounds and looks great. I am just waiting for my turn. Daniel Castro
Jonathan L.
on 7/21/04 1:53 am - Bronx, NY
Hi Daniel, I know of a surgeron named Dr.Whyte, she is a very good surgeon but she only performs the lab band on teenagers. However she is part of the bariatrics program at The Childrens Hospital at Monterfiore, and there are some teenagers having the gastric bypass. Her number is 718-920-7200. When you call tell her your interested in the gastric bypass , rather then the lap-band and see what she tells you. The group she works with is starting to do the bypass on teenagers and they have an excellent pre-op and post-op care team. I finally have a date in august. Good Luck!
Heavyd822
on 7/21/04 4:23 am - Staten Island, NY
Lap Band on 07/25/05 with
Thank you Jonathan Lebron for replying. Thanks for the info I will defintly call that #. Thanks again!!!
Most Active