Hello Fellow Thespians!

Jennifer A.
on 3/11/04 5:03 am - Atlanta, Ga
I just wanted to post that tonight a show I am working on, "Time of My Life" by British playwright Alyn Ayckbourn , has it's preview tonight and we open tomorrow night. I am so thrilled to be back on stage - this is my first show back after WLS last March and I cannot believe I will be celebrating my 1st WLS birthday by acting professionally again. I can certainly say marathon rehearsals arent nearly as draining at 144 lbs less than I was in my last show pre-op but I think I am more present, physically and mentally, as an actor now that I am smaller. I'm still 40 lbs from my goal but even now my acting is sharper because I dont have that little niggling worry about my size clouding character choices and inhibiting my physical characterization. Just wanted to share. Break a Leg Jennifer Dr JK Champion 3/26/03 376/232/190
MaryQOS
on 3/15/04 2:14 pm - Central Valley, where the cows are..., CA
hello! I am just exploring message boards, and being a singer/actress, I thought I would check in here. I am inspired to read that your much happier on stage now. This makes me feel more confident for when the time comes for me to re-enter the theater. Mine are local community theaters, but the show biz bug is not picky where it bites! my surgery is on 03.17.04 and I am currently just trying to make sure I pack everything and don't forget my brain while I am at it! Here is hoping your opening night was a gala, and your run be a successful one! Mary
Tara M.
on 7/23/04 7:32 pm - Birmingham, AL
Hey that is great I hope the show went well. I cant wait to get back on stage too. I plan to do something when i loose all the weight. Your right about the type casting. It is hard to get roles when you are bigger. I always noticed that when my bigger friends would try out. I havent done anything since i have gained all my weight I know partly because of that. I minored in Theater and used to do shows and was in an improv group for years and I miss it so much. Thanks for your inspiration. Lots of luck. Tara
msutton8
on 9/9/04 10:16 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Hi Jennifer, How long was the run of your show? I hope you filled the house every night =) You are just beautiful by the way. great picture!! I'm waiting to get approved for my lap-band and then I'll be all over our local stage again. Right now i'm satisfying the bug by being a performer at area renaisance faires where they don't really care what your waistline looks like, as long as you fill out a bodice well =) Best of luck to you!
Kerri B.
on 11/28/04 12:10 pm - Lawson, MO
I was so excited to read your post. I didn't even know there was a theater message board until just now. Anyway, I am currently doing "The Odd Couple" at a small dinner theater in Missouri. This is my 6th show at the dinner theater and I could totally relate to your comment "that little niggling worry about my size clouding character choices..." not to mention the worry that when I sit on the couch, my dress won't be long enough to cover my legs! I am having surgery on Dec 13th, two days after the end of my show. I CAN'T WAIT!! I am really looking forward to doing a show without all of the extra weight. I can't wait for people to be able to see the character and not the fat girl who is playing her!
Most Active
Recent Topics
TRISTAN at the DISNY CONCERT HALL
karly · 0 replies · 389 views
Dracula parts posted this morning
S W. · 0 replies · 414 views
Audition question:
S W. · 2 replies · 432 views
What's GOOD? I'm new!
Maritza . · 0 replies · 312 views