Recent Posts

Bre K
on 5/23/09 1:52 pm, edited 5/23/09 2:04 pm - Stamford, CT
DrGaellon
on 3/22/07 10:30 pm - Yonkers, NY
Topic: RE: Broadway theatre seats for obese folks?
Some theatres have "box seats" on the mezzanine level which have free-standing chairs rather than stadium seating - the Ford Center is one such (when I saw Ragtime there, and noticed an empty chair in a box, I asked an usher if I could move there at intermission, which they kindly permitted me to do). I'd call the theatres and ask if they have such seating, and if they're available.
DrGaellon
on 3/22/07 10:27 pm - Yonkers, NY
Topic: RE: Has anyone seen Hairspray or Wicked?
I saw Avenue Q twice, once with the original cast, and once just after John Tartaglia left and was replaced by Brandon Foa. It deserved every award it won; it was easily the freshest, most original thing on Broadway in years at the time (I hear buzz that Spring Awakening now has that distinction, but I've yet to see it).
karly
on 3/2/07 7:30 am - gerald ave, CA
Topic: TRISTAN at the DISNY CONCERT HALL
HEY....has anyone seen Tristan performed either in its entirety or specific portions of the play? I am hoping to buy tickets to the performance at the Disney Concert Hall in mid April for my mom's birthday and I am unsure whether the whole will be too much all at once or if it necessary to view it all together?
S W.
on 7/20/06 10:24 pm - MI
Topic: Dracula parts posted this morning
I was not cast in Dracula. Which is fine...totally. I just did it to prove my stage fright was gone- and it was. I'm not the least bit disappointed. Perhaps something in 2007. With my work schedule I can't audition for anything else this year because I go to nights in December. Thanks for all your encouragement! I believe it still was a success for me!!! Stacey
S W.
on 7/17/06 9:51 pm - MI
Topic: Auditions are over with- now I wait!!!
Last night were step 1 of the auditions for the locally produced play "Dracula". I would have NEVER EVER auditoned for a part, however I have been backstage as costume mistress, (changing costumes for charachters) and props. So, I have auditioned for 2 parts: one is a female vampire and the other one is Lucy's Mother- Martha. I can only hope that I get part. Call backs are tomorrow at 8am posted on the door, and actual cast roles will be posted on the theatre doors this Friday at 8am. I did this to see how I handle my stage fright-- THERE WAS NONE! I also did this to commemorate my 1 year surgiversary which is tomorrow.....and I looked in the mirror before I went and told myself there is NOTHING to be scared of!!! I'll let you know! And if I'm in it
S W.
on 6/25/06 3:36 am - MI
Topic: RE: Audition question:
Thanks, no it's not too late. Auditions are held July 16 and 17th. I cannot seem to get an answer at the Theatre. I will keep trying. I did make a resume with past experience and prepared a b/w photo of myself on one side, resume on the other. The photo is the same on on my personal website that is on my profile in the left hand corner in b/w. Thanks for the reply!
sweetaim2
on 6/23/06 4:45 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
Topic: RE: Audition question:
Hi there, Hope its not to late to answer your question. There are many versions of that show - find out which one they are doing & try to get hold of the script. See if you can get hold of the theater and find out if you need to prepare a monologue or just something from the script. Dress nice - bring some kind of resume of past experience. Good luck, Amy
S W.
on 6/16/06 7:26 am - MI
Topic: Audition question:
Hello....in HS (some 2 decades ago lol) I was in drama team, and performed in numerous plays on stage. In college I was in theatre for 2 semesters and performed in a few plays also. In 1997 I was costume changer for two actors/actresses for 5 plays at the Civic Theatre in Grand Rapids, MI. I spent 26 years as a radio pro DJ in mid markets. On air. QUESTION: our local theatre is holding auditions in July for Dracula. 6 women 18 and up. It's been a while since I did any of this: what do I take with me to the audition? how do i get a copy of the play if I need to? any tips???????????????? THANK YOU!! Stacey
Maritza .
on 5/7/06 2:29 am - Somewhere, KY
Topic: What's GOOD? I'm new!
Hey hey. I would like to hear from you -- what have you seen or heard and would suggest? I am very diverse so let's hear it! Maressa
Most Active
Recent Topics
TRISTAN at the DISNY CONCERT HALL
karly · 0 replies · 389 views
Dracula parts posted this morning
S W. · 0 replies · 414 views
Audition question:
S W. · 2 replies · 431 views
What's GOOD? I'm new!
Maritza . · 0 replies · 311 views