So Many Questions...

slimmingsammy
on 5/17/11 12:29 pm

Hey Sleevers!!!

I got the call from my surgeon's office this afternoon telling me that my insurance approved my surgery!!  As long as I have been waiting for this, I should be jumping for joy.  Instead, I'm beginning to feel anxious.  I have a few questions for those of yall who have gone through this so please enlighten me..

I need to know if yall really love/loved food.  I don't mean just like to eat...I mean loved food.  See, I'm not too fond of fast food.  My problem is I love to cook and can cook anything I want.  I live in Texas, so rich, southern food is a passion.  I was raised on the Texas/Louisiana border so I also have much, much love for cajun food.  I have been attempting to curtail my cooking to make it more healthy but I just need to know if any of yall had this issue? 

Also, I've started taking biotin to get it built up in my body to prevent hair loss.  I bought some protein powders and shakes as well.  I primarily did that so that I could test them to see which ones I would like to use on a daily basis.  How did yall get in the correct amount of protein the first few weeks?

My surgery is scheduled for July 5th so I know I have a little time, but anxiousness is getting the best of me.  I believe I'm making the right decision primarily for health reasons but for some reason there is still a bit of doubt.  Is this normal?  Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Samantha

cjpenn728
on 5/17/11 12:41 pm - LA
Congrats!!! I've been sleeved for a month and a half. I love food... LOVED food. I still love the way it smells but I know I can't have it. I would adjust the way you cook. I am born and raised in Louisiana so I totally understand what you mean. I got sleeved right in the middle of crawfish season. It sucked! But I have about a month and a half left before I can do any shell fish. Honestly I really don't get hungry much... I get bored and think I am hungry but not truely hungry... When this happens I grab a sugar free popsicle. Just remember you can't cook truely cajun b/c it will prooly be too fatening. But Im sure you can tweek some recipies and make some good food! If you make it towards Baton Rouge stop by and let me try some! lol Good luck!

5'4~ HW 274~ SW 268~ GW 150 or less
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 3:30 pm
I am a fellow Texan, and I think if I did not love good food, I would have to turn in my Texan card!

There is a gal named Shelly.  She has a blog, The World According to Eggface.  She is always creating good recipes that are perfect for us wls folks.  Check her out, you might be inspired to make up some recipes to share with us, too.

And, then there is Friso..  the man lives to make us all want his food!

It isn't an issue for me.  I just try to make good choices and eat my protein first... then a bite or two of veg.  You will still be able to eat... just no so much.  And, your taste may change.   I used to crave fast food every now and then, but  no more.  For me, I want the good stuff now, junk just is not worth the space it takes up in my stomach.  Fried just ain't in my vocabulary.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 46 views