Measuring help...

kalimamasmom
on 7/31/11 12:22 pm
So,I've been reading some posts, and talking to a few friends, and I've never measured anything.  I would like to, just to see how much I'm eating.  I'm still losing fairly rapidly, but I'm curious.
Is there a place on OH that says about how much volume we should be eating at our different stages?
What are your weighing / measuring tips.
Thanks everyone!

USAF Wife
on 7/31/11 12:32 pm
Measuring cups right out of your cupboard.

Put the food in there you plan to eat, and there's your measurement. It really depends on what your surgeon/nutritionist prescribed for your post-op dietary guidelines. For me, I had to stay in 600-800 calories, no more than 30-40gr of carbs and 60+ grams of protein. So, to fit everything into those parameters, I measured my intake and didn't eat more than what I was prescribed to eat.

Every one has different anatomy, some can eat more, how far out from surgery, consistency, density of food all play a role in how much of a certain food any one of us can eat.

During each stage, liquids, full liquids, mushy/purees, soft solids and then onto solids I was given specific measurements for consumption, and it all varied based on calorie/carb/protein counts.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

kalimamasmom
on 7/31/11 1:03 pm
Wow!  My nut never gave me a "measurement".  And they want me eating 1350 calories per day with 120 gr of carbs.
I, of course, do not eat that many carbs...I was shocked when she told me that number.  And I'm absolutely sure I'm not eating 1350 calories, either...it's impossible!
I'm wondering if I should be at 1/2 or 3/4 cup at 12 weeks out.  Any thoughts?

USAF Wife
on 7/31/11 1:08 pm
3 months out I was barely able to eat 2-2.5oz of dense protein which is 1/4cup measured. As for mushy/sliderish/puree/soft solids, I could get in 1/2cup at 3 months.

If you're not tracking your intake, I would highly recommend starting. Your restriction will more than likely change the further out you get. I can personally eat double the amounts that I could eat at 3 months out. My restriction maxed out around 7-9 months as I've been eating the same amounts (except for slider foods) since that time period. Dense protein I still max out at 4-5oz, maybe 6oz of medium cooked ribeye steak with steak sauce, but I have to eat super slow and add food lube to eat 6oz steak (which is 3/4 cup). Slider foods, carby foods go down way easier and I max out at about a cup of food if I eat slow, and eat mushy stuff.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

kalimamasmom
on 7/31/11 1:11 pm
Thank-you, thank-you!  I will start measuring tomorrow!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views