Hello everyone!

jazsutt
on 8/29/11 6:02 am - NY
My name is Jazmyn and this is my journey. Originally, I was interested in having RNY. After meeting my surgeon today, my husband and I made the ultimate decision for me to have VSG.

Any information you folks could give me that differs from RNY?

thanks!

HW- 245  CW- 223  GW- 120
"Victory belongs to the most perservering"  -Napoleon      
mareacuda
on 8/29/11 6:22 am - Las Vegas, NV
 Hi Jazmyn :) I am Marianne!

The biggest differences between RNY and VSG are that with VSG your digestive tract stays as is (there is no "bypass" of intenstines) and the fact that the majority of the stomach is actually removed with VSG. 

I  am so pleased with my decision and I feel that I have great restriction without the negative side effects that I have heard about RNY (dumping, etc). 

Good luck and congratulations on choosing the best surgery for you! 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Elaine2
on 8/29/11 7:03 am - Atlanta, GA
Welcome Jazmyn----

You might want to check out this link. It gets posted regularly and can answer lots of questions. Tons of good info in here.  Good luck. 

http://vsgfaq.wordpress.com

Kim_M
on 8/29/11 7:12 am - LaPorte, TX
Get ready for the ride of your life!!

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views