Super Fustrated!!!

cassandra1021
on 3/20/12 11:28 pm - MD
Morning all,

Some of you know my story...but here's the thing.  Had a revision from LB to sleeve on Dec. 28...thought all was going well until 8 days later and went to the ER and was told I had pancreatitis.  So was there for over 2 weeks, then went home.  Had to go back found out I now had  c-diff a stool/colon infection.  So another 2-3 weeks, then had to go back because I had a blood clot in my arm from the PICC line that was feeding me.  To make a long story short I was just discharged from the hospital on Mar. 5, 2012.  Now that I'm eating solid food and back to work I can't lose any weight.  From Dec to now I've only lost 35lbs...and considering all that I've been through and wasn't able to eat anything by mouth I figured it would be much more....I know everyone is different and we shouldn't compare ourselves to one another but it's HARD not too.  I was so happy that I'm now able to eat real food and not have TPN I know I've been snacking on a few things I shouldn't but in small quanities...so I'm gonna tighten that up.  I just feel hungry most of the time! Geesh!  I still don't have the energy to really exercise but I've been walking.  I'm just having a little "buyer's remorse" with all that I've been through and hoping and praying that this hasn't been all for nothing or for me to lose this little.......just venting.......
I have a ways to go, but by the grace of God I will reach my goal!!! 

slimpickins5280
on 3/21/12 12:07 am - CO
You poor thing *hugs*.

Your body has been squashed by a Mack truck, rolled over, rung out, slapped around and kicked by the dog.

IMO, you are starting back at the first day postop as far as what your body has been through which means swelling and fluid retention galore.

I'm so glad you are better, but it's going to take a couple weeks, imo for your body to say it's okay to let the weight come off.

Stay on your eating plan and get lots of fluids and I bet you'll see some progress soon.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

cassandra1021
on 3/21/12 12:44 am - MD
Thank you so much for your kind words and support! *hugs*  It's been rough but I hope that things will change soon.  I think you're right as far as having to start over, my body is adjusting through all that it's been through!

Eileen73
on 3/21/12 12:47 am - NY
VSG on 01/24/12
I am sorry you have had such a rough time.  I can't imagine how frustrated you must feel.  I agree with the above poster...since you were getting your nutrients through a PICC line you are definitely bloated and retaining extra fluids.  It's going to take some time for your body to release those fluids.  Keep doing what you're doing and get your fluids in and you will see a difference soon.  Try to keep your chin up...it can only get better from here!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

cassandra1021
on 3/21/12 12:55 am - MD
Thanks so much Eileen!!! I'm going to try and remain positive and continue with my water, eating more protein, and start slowly exercising.  I really appreciate the support!

LaughingCow
on 3/21/12 1:02 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I have to agree that your body is so confused at this point that it doesn't know whether to **** or go blind. Give it some time and it will figure out that you're okay and it doesn't have to try to preserve every calorie that enters your body.
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
cassandra1021
on 3/21/12 1:36 am - MD
Thanks Amy!  Everyone is telling me the same thing, so I'll try to be patient and hopefully this stall will break!

hollykim
on 3/21/12 1:42 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
hang in there. you have lost more than 10 # a month since December. give yourself a break and celebrate your success(but not with things that aren't on your plan) and not with food in general. just celebrate in your mind :)

TPN,in spite of being *clear* is very high calorie. It is made that way specifically cause the ppl who usually need it are needing something high calorie for healing. Losing 10 # a month while on TPN is great.

Eating things *not good  for me*,even in small quantities,is not going to help your weight loss at all. staying away from those things will help you lose and then help you in maintenance.

Some ppl have been successful eating whatever they want,just in small quantities,but in reality,that doesn't work for most of us and at some point,will likely backfire on you,causing a gain.

GL

cassandra1021
on 3/21/12 1:52 am - MD
Thanks GL, you right!  Especially about the food and the TPN part.  Like I said I know some of the things were bad choices and I'm working on it...I was just so excited to eat I got a little carried away...lol, but it's strictly protein, veggies, and low carbs for me.  I can do this!  Thanks for the support!

cassieb113
on 3/21/12 4:19 am
 I sorry you feel so bad ((((Cassandra))))

Most Active