To buy or not to buy - that is the question

sublimate
on 4/17/12 7:13 am - San Jose, CA
I always buy clothes in stretchy fabrics so that they fit through various sizes. You might want to look at pants with elastic waists or fabric that has give to it. Women have a lot more options in styles like this. However there are a few styles like this for men.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

louisamay
on 4/17/12 7:29 am
VSG on 04/27/12
This probably won't help you but I work at home and my plan is to buy some stretchy bike shorts and wear them until they fall off me when I'm at home.  If I go somewhere, I will have to have something nicer, though.

Wait.  I just remembered something.

When my oldest son was a baby my dad worked at a place that had all kinds of samples of infant and toddler clothing, and I bought that stuff by the armload, cheaper than I could get it at cheap stores.  I dressed my son in it every day.  People commented that he looked like he was dressed for church or company every day, but I didn't see any purpose in having it hang in a closet while he outgrew it.

I may have to rethink my plan and if I have something nice, wear it even if I'm at home. Otherwise it will hang in the closet until I can't wear it.  Plus, I know how it feels to know I look nice, and that's a good feeling whether I'm alone at home our out in public.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

hollykim
on 4/17/12 8:10 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
two words for you...Goodwill.
GL

Carmelita
on 4/17/12 9:29 am - Four Corners, NM
William D.
on 4/17/12 9:57 am
VSG on 03/19/12
Normally I wear Dockers or Eddie Bauer chinos/khakis for work, but since surgery I've dropped from 48's (now referred to by my staff as the "clown pants") to 46's which are now loose, and 44's which are a bit snug.

Rather than forking out $40-60 a pair, I found that JCPenney has St. John's Bay "Worry-Free" pants for $13 a pair - don't know if this is just a sale price for this week.  I don't know how durable they are, but I guess I won't be wearing any one size for long enough to find out... I ordered 44's, 42's, and 40's so I should be set for a while!

Need to find some inexpensive dress shirts as the 22's are now tent-like, the 20's are loose. Hard to find extended sizes at a reasonable price.  JCP's Stafford brand seems to stop at 18 neck.
Highest wt 444, surgery wt 351, surgery 3/19/12 St Vincent Charity, Cleveland  

grisaille
on 4/17/12 11:13 am - NC
So far I'm working my way down my closet - my husband grabbed a handful of the back of my favorite jeans and told me sternly to get some smaller pants on. As soon as I did, someone complimented me the very next day on my weight loss. I knew from measurements that I had lost over 5 inches in my waist but hadn't tried any smaller clothes in my closet. In fact, I was wearing a size 32 and had to skip over 30's straight to 28's and 26's.

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views