Two days out!

tanass
on 10/26/12 6:23 am - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

I got sleeved on Wednesday with Dr. Joya in Mexico (I'm from B.C. Canada) and so far not so good. I never imagined it would hurt this much but all good things come to those who wait and suffer (even if it's by choice :p). I know when I get back to Canada it'll be better with my friends and family but can anyone give some advice of surviving this next week or even the next couple days? On the plus side pre - opt diet and what not I dropped 15 pounds :D! I know I'm complain but I really am grateful to of gone threw this and glad that theres a community that I can ask all my questions, serious ones or not.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/26/12 6:27 am
VSG on 10/09/12
What hurts? Are you hydrating? Walking? Resting? That is the recipe for the first week. Try different temperature liquids. Keep sipping. Walk and rest. Sip, walk, rest...repeat.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

tanass
on 10/26/12 6:36 am - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

I think it's mainly the gas discomfort/stomach. I've done a lot of walking but also trying to be careful to make sure Im getting enough liquids. Its so hot here right now. My incisions feel fine though which is a relief as it would of really sucked had my whole belly hurt. Im sipping the best I can too scared to sip too much as I had a problem with vomitting the last couple days and that pain is enough to keep me baby sipping haha I even just went to walmart and bout a sippy cup lol.

christinahelena
on 10/26/12 6:33 am - CA

I don't remember hurting much due to morphine! Talk to your doctor, you're still there?

Wishing you thd best!! You're going to be really glad you did this , hang in there. Sip slowly like a shot glass worth in 15 minutes. It will get easier but your new tummy is swollen.

mrsmom
on 10/26/12 6:45 am

I'm with you! Three days post-op and  I'm feeling lousy as well - pain, nausea, headaches, gas, heartburn.  I don't remember ever feeling this bad.

tanass
on 10/26/12 6:59 am - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

I hope you start feeling better!! Though Im glad Im not the only person who hasn't had an amazing time with this. Ive read so many stories of it going so smoothly. Lucky them lol. But we'll make it!!

chitownhoyos
on 10/26/12 7:08 am - IL

Sorry your in pain. We all go thru it. For me day 3 was the worst. Then it was like by a week and a half I woke up feeling great. I would be careful with the sippy cup. That may bring in alot of air which will cause alot of pain as well. That is one of the reason we should drink out of straw.

Dawn L.
on 10/26/12 7:08 am - Centereach , NY
VSG on 10/22/12

I got sleeved on Monday evening. I too still have pain but, it gets better every day. I can say last night was my first night that I got real sleep. Only awoke once instead of 3 or 4 times. I felt much better today. Definitely walk. I've been pacing around my dining room table and roaming the house but walking is key. The more I walk the better I feel.  Good luck.

HW 262  SW 239.6 GW 140      

downhome
on 10/26/12 7:28 am

I was sleeved on Tuesday and i am still in a lot of pain.  I think I have pain from the gas.  I haven't been able to really use my left arm because it hurts so much. I don't know if I would have had this done if I had known how much it would hurt.  Plus no one tlod me I was supposed to ask for pain meds..............I thought it was implied!

mrsmom
on 10/26/12 10:37 pm

I also was sleeved on Tuesday and I told my husband the same thing - if I knew about the pain I don't think I would have done it.  Not just the pain but the nausea and gas.  I hope you got your pain meds - I have to crush mine in a pill crusher and down the bitter, gritty powder but its worth it.  I just keep telling myself it will be worth it.

Most Active