After a stall?

tanass
on 12/5/12 12:50 am, edited 12/5/12 12:52 am - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

So we all know about stalls, they happen, we get frustrated and then life continues on.

So my question is, after a stall did you still lose at the same rate as before? Lets say any stalls within the first three months just because I understand as time goes on it tapers off.

My first week of surgery I didn't lose anything for about 8-9 days, so I was lucky enough to start it off with one *rolls eyes :p*, but that's just the way my body is and I can accept that. If I stress I will eat more, and make bad decisions. I never had the three week stall which was nice, however I've been at 260 all week (granted I lost 6 pounds last week). I go to the gym daily and I find that helps me feel better about my scale weight. I know I'm being active. I know I'm working 8 hours a day on my feet, and I know I'm not eating horrible so in time it should shed.

It is more just curiosity.. and incase I haven't made my question clear: "After a stall did you find you progressively started dropping less, or it stayed at the same rate as of now?"

Keith L.
on 12/5/12 12:54 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Immediately following a stall my weight loss is pretty dramatic like 2 to 3 lbs and then tapers off to about 1/2 per day until I stall again. My stalls have been pretty regular about every 2 weeks or so.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

mimij
on 12/5/12 12:56 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

I stay at the same rate it seems, but everyone is different. I will let others answer on that.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Shagdoll
on 12/5/12 12:56 am

For me, I have always been a stair stepper loser which means I would drop weight, then stall, then drop weight again.  Of course in the beginning we lose the most and over months, the weight loss was a little less each time but the weight was still coming off.  I also noticed the further out I got, the more frequent I would lose less so I really had to adjust my eating.  You are still early out so your weight loss should continue to be at a good steady rate but everyone is different.   

Since you lost 6 weeks last week, that is probably a reason why you didn't lose anything this week.  I don't think we can consistently lose 6 pounds a week.  It would be nice though, eh?  As long as you stay on plan & drink your water, the weight will come off.  You are doing great!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Airpun79
on 12/5/12 12:57 am - Jacksonville, FL

Great post! I'm currently in a stall and I'm curious to see the responses to your post. Take care! -Larry

HW: 360      SW: 351             CW: 212         GOAL: 200 
Monthly Weight Loss Progression:
M1:-46 M2:-24 M3:-14 M4:-17 M5:-9 M6:-13 M7:-7 M8:-5  M9:-1 M10:-3 M11:-8 M12: -10

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/12 1:03 am

I have never really experienced a real stall, that is a period of time when I was not losing weight or inches.  Usually one or the other was getting smaller.  However, during those times when I was not losing weight, I was still losing fat and when the weight started coming off again it was always rather dramatic.  Once I lost 6-7 pounds in one week and I am a lightweight.  This was just my body releasing the water after the fat was already gone.  There is also a real misconception that exercise can balance out poor eating choices.  Extreme exercise can, but a regular one hour exercise program barely makes a dent in how much or how fast one loses weight.  It has almost everything to do with the calories, and carbs we take in.

tanass
on 12/5/12 1:17 am - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

I stay under the 40 carbs, although my doctor never told me to watch any of that. I've read a lot of your posts, and others to see what my plan should be like and have followed it fairly diligently.  Though yesterday for a belated birthday I did have a no sugar added mini hedge hog from Purdys (50 cals/ 4 carbs). I'd say I'm probably taking in from 400 - 800 calories < - (max and not very often) a day. So, again I'm not worried about the stall just curious of others experience after the stalls they have had in the first few months of this lovely journey. I thought I was a slow loser but I'm pleased to be - 38 pounds in 5 1/2 weeks which now doesn't't seem all that slow haha :)

Also, thanks for the replies everyone, it's nice to know other people wonder about the same things I do :P.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/12 1:26 am

It sounds like you are doing just fine and I wonder if you are losing inches when the scale is not moving?  Also, you might consider journaling all of your food intake for a while.  Studies are showing that we are eating about 50% more calories than we think we are when we are not journaling it.  I am not saying that YOU are doing this, just that research shows most people do this.  I found that journaling all of my food was probably the best weapon I had during weight loss.  Again, your weight loss is fantastic, I am just sharing things that helped me along the way.

hmtaylor76
on 12/5/12 7:55 am
VSG on 06/25/12

I agree with Elina, I measure every other Monday because if I don't see it on the scale I see it in inches.  So if one or the other is moving then I too haven't stalled.  There have been a few weeks where my scale doesn't move but I lost 9 inches.  I have the belief that the scale sucks!!  LOL.  I would rather just measure and only weigh in when I see the doc, but I do weigh every Monday just to check in.  Have someone do your measurements, wear the same clothes (namely bra because that affects the measurements) do it regularly and you will see a change.  Keep it up, pretty soon you will really see a huge difference.

Heather    

Most Active