2 months PO - Food is suddenly unappetizing again?

katikati
on 4/12/13 7:13 am - Eads, TN
VSG on 02/06/13

I went through the typical phase immediately after surgery where it was hard to want to eat or drink anything because it all tasted bad, and then it passed.  Since then, I've felt pretty normal with food.  However, in the last week, everything has started tasting strange to me again.  Food tastes bland, or abhorrent.  There's no in between.  Even my beloved Crystal Light which has seriously helped me maintain my water intake suddenly just tastes bad.  I don't recall ever reading any posts about food taste issues coming back.  I'm still eating, and I'm trying mightily to choke the water down.  Just wondering, has anyone else experienced this, and does it go away again?  It's interesting, it seems to coincide with my weight finally beginning to drop again after a monstrous 3+ week stall.  I've been back to dropping about a pound a day, after levitating between the same three pounds for those three weeks.

dmhe
on 4/12/13 8:43 am - TX

I go through days like that but then it gets better.  I usually just do liquids when nothing sounds good so I get all my protein in.  I don't know what causes it.  It seems like everyone has different things like that happen but I have no idea why.

hollirrose
on 4/12/13 11:04 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
I have had periods where nothing tasted good off and on over the last year. Food became a must and not a want. If I couldnt find anything appealing...I would add another shake for prot and calories. I have also been on the flip side... I find something that tastes good and that is all I want to eat. My curent "obsessiion" is turkey pepperoni crisped in the microwave for 1.5 - 2 mins and cottage cheese as "dip". Hang in there!
SkinnyScientist
on 8/23/13 2:34 am

this sounds delicious..i.e. crisping the turkey pepperoni.

I now have a new idea!

Yum!
christinahelena
on 4/14/13 1:29 am - CA
Could be ketosis.... Does your mouth taste like tin and does your tongue feel fuzzy and your breathe bad? It's a good place for burning your body fat.... And if you've been really low carb you're probably in it. If you're dropping a pound a day, my guess is you are... And for weight loss it's a great thing. I would try to stay there and burn it.... Upping your carbs much will bounce you out. Not sure, but just a thought that that may be why things taste funny. I'm trying to get back into it now because I've been stuck for 6 weeks.
Keep doing your plan, maybe it's easier to not " like" food for a bit.... Ya know?
All the best
Christina
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views