It wasn't so bad until...

Jennifer L.
on 7/7/13 1:10 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Target and their stupid pizza hut and my kids begging for a pretzel!!!

And I love soft pretzels...

I have my surgery on the 10th and I officially started my 3 day clear liquid portion. I was honestly doing well until I went to target with my family and my boys wanted that pretzel... But I am still sucking down my SF popsicles. 

And is it just me or does EVERYTHING smell sooooooo good when you can't have it? haha 

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

shrinking_sarah
on 7/7/13 1:12 pm - CA

I swear during the "liquids" phase post-op I developed super smell powers.  EVERYTHING smelled awesome.  I didn't want to eat it, I just inhaled deeply, lol!

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Jennifer L.
on 7/7/13 1:15 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

haha I think if I just went around smelling food my family would relentlessly tease me for years to come lol

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

themexcellentone
on 7/7/13 1:13 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Nope, it's not just you!  Believe me, today I had to be on ALL liquids, and I cooked up a storm to get ready for what I'll be eating post-op.  I made some chicken stock and the most awesome roast EVER, whose juices I will skim the fat from and strain to make French Onion soup in the crockpot once I feel like it later this week.  It was so hard not to take even a tiny bite of the roast when it was done!  I told my husband he'd be eating like a KING this week since he's the only one in the house who can eat off of that roast right now!

Hang in there...remember I'm saving you a seat on the loser's bench!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Jennifer L.
on 7/7/13 1:17 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

This is the time I can say I am happy I dont cook much! lol that woud drive me nuts!! You're lucky you only have to do all liquids today! My surgeon requires three days of this... clear liquids...oye! But I will be on that losers bench before I know it! I leave for Mexico EARLY Tuesday morning... so early we might as well call it Monday night. lol

Instagram

themexcellentone
on 7/7/13 1:28 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Today was not so bad, especially since I've been mostly liquids for the past 3 weeks. :)  I kept busy so I didn't have time to think about what I wasn't eating. 

Good luck and travel safely!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

sarapilar
on 7/7/13 1:19 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

I was going bonkers during the all liquids phase.  What I did was ate Jello, and added extra plain gelatin to it to make it thicker and harder, and I ate spoonfuls of PB2 - it was at least something I could chew and crunch.  Also sugar free popsicles.  Hang in there!!!!!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

defygravity
on 7/7/13 1:57 pm - NE
VSG on 07/10/13

I am right there with you! My family wanted pizza tonight and of course, since I was out, I said I'd pick it up.  It smelled sooooooooooooooooooo good in there!!! And, of course, my husband ordered my favorite kind... ugh!  I brought it home and proceeded to have my chicken broth and sugar free jello.  I hate knowing that my stomach can eat what I want.  It will be so much easier when I know that I won't physically be able to eat a whole piece of pizza... at least for awhile.

~ Colleen                                       Instagram

"It is our choices... far more than our abilities that determine who we are."         

HW 232; SW 223; 1stGW 199;  2ndGW 170  

Jennifer L.
on 7/7/13 2:16 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I feel the same way!!! It will be nice when I dont have such a large stomach wanting to be filled. lol

Instagram

charmedaz
on 7/7/13 1:58 pm

i have a super smeller now,  i went to pick up my son from the community 4th of july thing and i smelled amazing bbq just driving through...i mean god! i was never in tune with my neighbors cook outs like that before...!!!!!! 

hopefully no one makes you drive home from the airport with sonic in your lap either :P

and i would be lying if i tried to come off all perfect (ive been perfect on the diet, but definatly not mentally perfect)...i wanted to lick a hershey kiss into oblivion the other day.....i didnt...but god i wanted to! i was like..if i just LICK it..its KIND OF A LIQUID.....IT WONT HURT!!! hahaha..........

but just like right after surgery, im a wimp..im SCARED to death of causing myself pain and distress. I worked hard on my water in take...and now the fear of hurting myself/my sleeve keep me on my post op plan......i think you will be fine even with your butterfly chasing, this tool will remind you if you stray......that you cant do that. Also if you arel ike me at all ...you will be too petrified to mess up any of the plan any time soon :) nothing better than a good dose of fear to keep someone on track...LOL 

im excited for you! its almost time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had a hard time updating on my kindle or phone where i was...but try to post a note or something as soon as you are able :) 

Dr. Joya:    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialdrjoya

Twitter: https://twitter.com/drjoyadotcom

Most Active