Gas Pains? Gallbladder?

Jackie P.
on 10/21/13 1:00 am - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13

Hey, 6.5 post op. Last night I had an awful episode after eating. I don't think I ate too much. I started getting getting upper back pain right between the shoulder blades. It was an aching pain. That continued for about 3 hours. It felt like my sleeve hurt too. I had nausea, hot flashes. I tried to vomit a few times but nothing came up, so it wasn't overeating. I was wearing tight pants and control underwear, so maybe that combined with sitting caused gas?

Even today my sleeve feels sensitive and I feel a little lethargic and headachy. I guess it could be a flu, but what happened last night, was so weird.

Anyone experience something like this?

I should mention, the night before, I threw up after eating some carrots and hummus. It felt stuck and I got nauseous. I figured it was just because I ate too much or didn't chew well.... I don't think it's related, but who knows.

Surgery Date: April 10, 2013 • VSG

www.fatfornow.com

mickeymantle
on 10/21/13 3:05 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

did you eat to much fatty food ?, or hi carb

It could be dumping also , best to talk to your surgeon to be safe

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Natalie K.
on 10/21/13 4:50 am
VSG on 06/24/13

Definitely call your surgeon. I had those exact symptoms two weeks ago and still do occasionally. My surgeon ordered an ultrasound of my gallbladder and turns out I have gallstones. Call your surgeon!

Jackie P.
on 10/21/13 4:55 am - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13

I went to a walk in clinic at lunch. They have no idea if it was gallstones, but wrote me up a Ultrasound form. My surgeon is 2 hours away, so I want to try to get things done quickly without them for now.

What did the surgeon say to do with your gallstones?

www.fatfornow.com

Natalie K.
on 10/21/13 5:03 am
VSG on 06/24/13

My surgeon is on vacation til Wednesday so I have no idea yet... :( 

Jackie P.
on 10/21/13 5:10 am - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13

Ok, well let me know when you hear!

www.fatfornow.com