Back for an update!

Jennifer L.
on 12/27/13 1:36 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Hey everyone!

I know several people are wondering where I went... life became very crazy very fast. I had no time for anything outside of school and family. I was rarely on my computer outside of research and design.

An update on how things are going... I love my sleeve! There are times I forget I even have it... I am just use to the fact that I can't eat nearly as much. This has been a blessing in preventing over eating when a craving hits. The hardest part of it, socially, is when I feel really full after a few bites and I will say "I am so full" and the people around me dont understand how I am full on such little food. No one outside my family really knows about my surgery (well and you guys). 

I have lost 65lbs since July. I have gone from a size 20/22 to 16. I would have lost more but school seriously killed me. I was working at school 10-14 hours a day for several weeks. Before then I was still constantly busy. So I just was not focused at all on being active (which has always been vital for me to really loose weight) and being in a place without a fridge or microwave, the school food was what I had to depend on (and not always the best options). Despite it all, I lost! I have started back on track with fitness and eating (now Christmas is over) and my clothes are already fitting better and my body looks better. I am excited and feel good!

Now I honestly had hoped to had lost all 100lb (or more) by now... but to be honest, I am really happy with the pace I am going. Mentally I am still adjusting to the size change and also getting use to the extra skin (praying I am young enough that it wont be a huge issue... but I see a tummy tuck in my future). 65lbs in 5 months (including the holidays!) is amazing! I am very blessed.

Overall, I am thrilled I did this! Its been the best thing I could have done for myself! I feel great, I love the restriction, and so excited about where I am headed. I see my goal being obtained before I realize it! 

I dont have any recent fully body photos but I will try to post some soon!

Sorry again about being MIA guys! Its just been so crazy.

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

tdallison
on 12/27/13 2:43 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

You are doing great!  I completely understand what you mean about the size change.  I know I have changed, but I still think of myself as being larger than I am.  Keep up the good work!

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Jennifer L.
on 12/27/13 2:53 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thanks! I hope to have pictures today. I think the next few months will be even more successful than the last. I'm so excited!

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/13 2:44 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

I remember you well! I was wondering how you were doing. Thanks for the update and I'm happy to hear you are so successful. This sleeve thing really is great, right? :-) Great job.

Jennifer L.
on 12/27/13 2:54 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

It really is!!! I've been wanting to update for awhile but never had the time. Nice to know I'm remembered though!

Instagram

VSG on 06/12/13
Good to hear from you! It sounds like things are progressing in really good order. Don't fret about the pace. Focus on the activity of following the plan and the rest will take care of itself.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Jennifer L.
on 12/27/13 10:16 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Hey Laurie! I'm not worried about the pace if loss really. I am thrilled! I haven't been at this weight in over 5 years, and it's only getting better! I'm happy and feel so much better. I'm starting to see it as well. The only issue for me is all the extra skin, especially in my tummy (I already had loose skin from my two pregnancies even when I was heavier). Now that I am getting back into a workout routine (Jillian michaels body revolution!!) I think it will help tone and lift the whole thing. I expect to be at goal before I celebrate my 1 year. Even so, I'm just happy to be feeling normal again!

Instagram

linzeelee
on 12/27/13 7:09 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

Congrats to you. 65 lbs is still great progress, and it's much better that NOT losing 65 lbs or gaining. Keep at it and you will see your goal.

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

Jennifer L.
on 12/27/13 10:18 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I'm so happy with it! The inches are the biggest celebration... I'm constantly losing inches even when the lbs don't budge.for the first time in YeARs my goal is within reach and I just feel good and hopeful about life. Very happy with my loss! Good things to come!

Instagram

linzeelee
on 12/27/13 12:10 pm - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13
One of my favorite things about my surgery is the HOPE it's given me that I will reach my goal for once.

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 72 views